Chapter 53

"So what? He just left?"

Olivia wringed the blood soaked rag cloth into the bucket beside her, making sure she had drained as much blood as she could right before she returned back to the ground to soak it again. She had been on that for exactly twenty minutes and it was starting to actually look like she had gotten a lot of Benita's blood off the floor. Her hands were stained, and her knees were also starting to hurt from kneeling for so long.

She had her phone on dry ground beside her, and on speaker too just so she could listen to Amy and clean at the same time. She pulled the soaked cloth from the ground again and turned to the bucket where she rolled and squeezed it yet again.

"Well, I don't think you have to worry though, maybe he just needs his own space, I mean, someone important to him almost died, you of all people should know how close he is to Nanny Benita, she was like a mother to him."

Olivia exhaled, she knew and understood those words even more than Amy but hearing Amy reassure her with those words made her even more worried. She wished there was something she could do. He was gone for an awful long time and she was scared. She needed to know where he was. The Rafael she saw hours ago was someone she didn't recognize. She knew just how hurt he was and at that state, she didn't want him running into any troubles. But Amy was right, maybe he needed to clear his head, maybe he needed a breather.

"Have you been able to speak to Tony all day?" Olivia went on. "I tried to reach him earlier but it never connected. He'd be able to help Rafael better than I can, maybe find him too."

Amy exhaled.

"I'm sure if Rafael needed company, Tony would already be with him by now." Amy exhaled. "Sis, you worry too much, just calm down, he's going to be okay."

Olivia nodded. She had to believe that too, she needed to.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to let Lucy and the kids stay at yours for a while. The house has really been a mess today with what happened, and with the police stopping by. We didn't them to see all that, we wouldn't have wanted them to see what happened to Nanny."

"Oh it's alright, they can stay here for as long as they like."

Olivia smiled, letting her smile fade away after a few seconds, into the silence that followed.

"Are you okay?"

She exhaled.

"Amy, to be honest I don't think I am. Everything is suddenly falling apart, people are getting hurt Amy, and it's not what I planned. I feel guilty, I feel like all of this is my fault, like it's my fault that that man died and Nanny might also die too, all because I was greedy for justice."

"Olivia, you can't make yourself feel that way. You're not responsible for anything that happened today, if anything, it is more reason why Randal should be stopped. That man is ruthless, he is unkind and nothing good would ever come out of him being allowed to roam around sin free. He has to pay for his sins one day. You didn't cause any of this, you certainly didn't make Rafael do any of this. It's not just about you anymore, it's about all those people he hurt in the past, those villagers, it's about the man he killed today, it's about Benita. You're not wrong for wanting justice for what happened to your parents, you owe it to them to give them justice. It's just sad that getting justice has to be so difficult. It's so sad that you and Rafael have to go through this."