Chapter 36

Busy day

Busy day.

The mansion was extremely busier than normal, too busy that Sommadina could hear how loud the scurrying was all the way from her room. She was barely even paying any attention to whatever the whole fuss was about but she could feel how excited every corner of the house suddenly felt as she made her way down the long spiral stairs, furrowing her brows in curiosity while she waved her hand fan up and down in front of her face. She was making sure she stretched her neck long enough to see what was going on from where she was.

What had changed? Why did it feel like an important guest was coming over and why wasn't she told anything?

Lucy on the other hand, she wasn't exactly what Benita had asked her to do and she was doing a bad job hiding how excited she was while doing it, excited for what was about to happen. Ever since Rafael had called the house to inform them to prepare the guest room for Olivia and Grace, the smiles on both her and Benita's faces didn't seem to flutter one bit.

Lucy was even more diligent in the kitchen. She had made sure she helped Benita get all of Olivia's best dishes set and ready for them. Sommadina approached the dining room slowly, narrowing her gaze on the totally filled dining table with a lot of side dishes on it. It was set for more people than it usually was. She frowned, waving her fan even faster as she raised her head to find Lucy walking out of the kitchen briskly with yet another plate in her hands. She didn't understand what was going on, and the look on her face gave her away.

Rafael never mentioned anything about them having a guest. She watched how Lucy walked to the table briskly and placed the plate neatly on the empty space.

"Lucy?" Sommadina called her just as she was about to turn to leave. Lucy froze and turned to her immediately.

"Madam?"

"Why do we have so many serving plates on the table today?" She raised her head to Lucy. "My son didn't mention us having any guests-"

"Sir Rafael asked that we made provisions for two more people at the table tonight."

"Two people?" Lucy nodded abruptly. Sommadina had frown lines on her forehead. She didn't understand what Lucy meant. "And why wasn't I informed of this?" She said just as Benita walked out of the kitchen with yet another plate.

"Benita?" She called Benita to a halt, taking a deep breath and raising a brow the moment the older woman turned to her immediately. "What's going on? What guests are we expecting today?"

"Ms Olivia and Grace would be joining us for dinner." Benita told her, giving Sommadina all the time she needed after she had made her announcement, to remember who she had just mentioned because she was sure she needed it, especially with the way she looked like she needed a minute to think.

The sudden gaze of shock as she recollected who it was Benita had talked about became evident as soon as she raised her brows to Benita.

"What?" The look in her face changed to utmost disgust. "That woman is coming here?!" Sommadina raised her voice a bit without even realizing it.