Chapter 30

Olivia took her time with the stairs

After the night rest she had, it was almost like she did not go through many stages of embarrassment and fright the day before. She held on firmly to her purse, not caring about the length of her yellow pants even though they happened to brush the ground she walked on while she found her way to the kitchen where the noise was coming from. Her hip-length yellow jacket fit perfectly on her and the bow looked pretty clipping both sides of it together by her side. Her hair was packed in a ponytail and she made sure to lay her edges the best way she could.

She couldn't afford to make any mistakes with her presentation at work, especially since she was anchoring the live broadcast her manager had talked her into. She couldn't believe she had let him convince her that being on Tv was good and right for the company. For all she knew, the company might also receive a lot of backlash if they let her be on spotlight the way they planned. It was a fifty-fifty chance that everything was going to go as planned but fifty percent was okay for her if it was going to get Adams to stop bothering her about it at work. She wasn't worried though, she went through the script, there was nothing extraordinary or uncomfortable about it. It was just going to take a few hours and she was done.

She paused when she got into the kitchen, slowing her pace as she kept her eyes on the sight of Amy and Grace preparing breakfast together. Unlike what she had thought to be the situation, Grace wasn't locked up in her room, crying all morning like she had predicted. She was right there, looking as bright and happy as she always did as she watched Amy take out the eggs from the frying pan. Her chuckles were so loud that Olivia had heard them from right outside the kitchen.

The little gasp Grace gave when she saw her, confirmed that she wasn't sad anymore about what had happened the day before, or angry at Olivia for scolding her either.

"Mummy!" She rushed to the small table in the kitchen and dropped the plate Amy had handed to her earlier, making her  way to Olivia as fast as she could.

Amy turned too and smiled a bit as she watched Grace hug Olivia as tightly as possible. Olivia smiled right back, as brightly as she could.

"Good morning mummy." Grace let her go quickly, not bothering to take off the smile on her face. "I asked Aunty Amy to teach me how to make you breakfast today because you weren't feeling so well yesterday. We are making you fried eggs, bread and coffee."

Olivia placed a hand on her head and patted her gently, she didn't know what to say.

"After two failed attempts, it is safe to say that Grace has now mastered the art of flying delicious eggs." Amy said from where she stood, turning fully to them. Olivia chuckled right before she bent over, pulling her hand down Grace's arm gently till she was squatting just as tall as Grace was.

"Grace?" She slowly pulled her arms gently.

"Mhmn." Grace nodded her head letting out a silent chuckle too.