Chapter 47: Final Act - The Last Clash

Start from the beginning

She nodded in agreement with him and went back to help Vert get up.

"We'll be back soon! Please just try to hold on!" She said before leaving along with the other CPU Candidates, who helped their respective elder sisters get away.

Alex watched them get away for a moment before turning his head again to look at Arfoire.

"All right, now that that's out of the way...Time to deal with you."

BGM: A Fight To The Death

"That power…It won't change a thing...I will not lose…I will destroy everything..."

"Not if I have anything to say about it!"

A moment of silence ensued before both of them dashed forward at full speed and began fighting it out.

Their weapons clashed hundreds of times as Arfoire would spin her twinblade around to attack Alex with both red blades without stopping as he would constantly keep them at bay by parrying or blocking.

After a few more moments of attacking the same way, Arfoire decided to change her strategy and fly up into the air as she had her hand raised. Within her palm, there was a sphere of black energy forming on her palm.

"This will be it…!" She said before aiming at him with her palm and causing the black sphere to be shot towards Alex.

The young man wasn't even fazed as he grabbed the hovering sword and raised both swords at Arfoire.

"Firaga!" He yelled as both sword ejected massive and powerful fireballs as the attack flew and crashed against the dark sphere, causing both powers to clash and struggle for a bit before exploding in midair and producing a large cloud of smoke.

Among it, both fighters dashed forward into the darkness and clashed their weapons once more, creating a shock wave that dispersed the smoke away.

At that moment, another barrage of attacks began as both of them dashed and clashed against each other countless times. After a few moments, Alex's attacks were finally starting to hit the mark, but so were Arfoire's.

"Impossible...how can this be…!?" Said the bloodied Deity of Sin. "No...I refuse to accept this….I won't accept it...!"

She then dashed forward with her weapon fully charged by a dark aura. In response Alex coated both swords in flames as he dashed towards the Deity of Sin, fully intent on this being the final clash.

Both weapons, fully charged with the power of their wielders, clashed, creating a shock wave.

They struggled with all of their strength for a moment or two before Alex to catch Arfoire off guard.

"Fire!"

Instead of a fireball being shot from his swords, this time six large fireballs suddenly emerged and circled around Alex.