Chapter 40: Final Act: The Battle Within

Start from the beginning

"Subconscious? O-Okay I can understand that but, a manifestation? What're you getting at?"

As Alex said that, the Clone merely groaned.

"See? There you go again. Refusing to acknowledge it. You're still running, and I'm TIRED of you running." Said the Clone.

"S-Stop that." Said Alex in a tone that didn't come off as him being completely unaware, but rather in a tone that was filled with guilt, meaning that there was indeed something the clone was getting at that Alex refused to reveal.

"Say it. Acknowledge it. Only then will I be at peace." Said the Clone, drawing out his sword which was basically an inverse of his sword, with the blade being red and line being black.

"E-Enough! What're you getting at!? I don't know what you're talking about!" Desperately shouted Alex who also withdrew his sword.

"Oh? That's a lie Alex." Said the Clone as he then spoke in a much deeper and sinister voice.

"You know what you did."

BGM: Nachtflügel

At that moment, the clone dipped his sword into the water as suddenly, a ring of fire completely enveloped the two.

Alex looked on in shock as now the two were brightly illuminated by the ring of fire until his attention was directed back at the clone

"Hey!"

When looking at his clone again, he saw him dashing towards him ready to attack with his own sword as the young boy barely had time to block his clone's attack.

"Either you admit to what you did or this goes on! And I can do this all day kid!" Shouted the Clone.

The two swordsmen struggled for a moment before pushing each other away and getting some distance, which was then followed by a constant clash of weapons.

'This guy is fast!'

Alex still couldn't completely believe what was going on right now, but he knew that guy wasn't kidding when he said he could go as long as he wants as just the ruthless way he attacked while clearly showed that he had the intent to really hurt him badly.

After finally seeing an opening, Alex dashed forward towards his clone with his sword emitting a flame, but the other Alex simply grinned as he dashed forward as well and did the same thing.

Red and blue flames clashed against each other, creating a small shock wave before the two of them began a barrage of attacks against each other once again. Their flaming swords clashing dozens, if not hundreds, of times as well as multiple fireballs canceling out one another.