[32] - if the end of the world was near

ima feed y'all with two chapters cuz i feel like it.
don't expect a lot from me anytime soon so this the most ya getting

arianna miller

"ima go pee then we can leave" billie says, "no, you cant. since the bills and shit ain't paid the toilet don't flush, anyone come here and see that shit they'll know we've been here" i stop her.

"so what am i meant to do?!" she questions, "pee at the corner store down the block" i tell her. "god damn" she rolls her eyes.

we get to where we hid the car and drive to the corner store, "put this on" she hands me a surgical blue mask. "why?" i question.

"you dumb? we used to come here every single day, mark knows us like the back of his hand" she says. i give in and out the mask on.

we walk into the store, "you got any bathrooms?" i ask in the lowest voice i could possibly do.

"yeah, up the back" mark says, without even looking up from the cash register. "thanks" i reply and we make our way to the bathroom.

billie pees, washes her hands then we walk out. "thanks man" billie says, i mentally slap her. she's SO BAD at putting on voices.

mark quickly looks up, making eye contact with us both and his eyes go wide.

"go!" i yell and we run out the store, getting in the car and booking it to the airport so we can get outta here as quick as possible.

"shit" i say as billie speeds by a cop, "did you not see the fucking cop!" i yell at her, she stays silent and clenches her jaw, gripping the steering wheel harder.

the cop turns it's lights on and does a quick u-turn. "fucking go! loose them!" i yell at her, "i'm trying!" she yells back and swerves down a few small lanes and corners until we finally loose them.

we arrive at the airport and rush through the whole thing, waiting patiently at the gate with our hoods up, masks and shades on.

our gate gets called and we waste no time boarding.

"finally" i sigh as we sit in our seats.

billie o'connell

we're finally back home and it's ALL over american news that we're supposedly back in la.

it's funny watching them all scramble to find us, i've had finneas spam message me as well as my mom and dad begging me to come home, but i'm not there.

i've also been working on a song, a song for arianna. i've called it end. i think it's ready to show her.

it's written about a question everyone has, would you choose me? i always wonder that, would arianna choose me? would she choose to see me if the world was ending?

it's not really a love song for arianna but it's more, i written it thinking of her and i want her to hear it. i was trying to write a small song about climate change but wanted to incorporate her.

i go over to the piano and call her through. "yeah?" she asks as she leans against the door frame.

"i wanna sing you something" i tell her, "go on" she smiles as she sits down next to me.

i straighten my back and begin the play the cords.

"breathe the air again, it's a beautiful day.
i wish this moment would stay with the earth,
some primal paradise.
but there you go again, saying everything ends,
saying you cant depend on anything, or anyone" i sing the first verse.

"if the end of the world was near, where would you choose to be?
if there was five more minutes of air, would you panic and hide? or run for your life? or stand here and spend it with me.
if there was five more minutes, would i, could i, make you happy?" the chorus.

"and we would live again, in the simplest of ways.
living day after day, like some primal animals.
we would love again, under glorious suns, with the freedom that comes with the truth, mm" second verse.

"if the end of the world was near, where would you choose to be?
if there was five more minutes of air, would you panic and hide? or run for your life? or stand here and spend it with me?
if i had five more minutes, would i, could i, make you happy?" chorus.

"so it finally came to pass.
i saw the end of the world, saw the madness unfold like some primal burial.
and i looked back upon, armageddon.
and the moment of truth, between you and me" third verse.

"if we had five more minutes of air to breathe and we cried all through it,
but you spent them with me.
on our last few drags of air,
we agreed.
i was,
and you were,
happy" the end.

i finish the song and look at arianna, "that was beautiful billie" she smiles and hugs me. "what was it about?" she asks, "whatever you want it to be about" i smile.

"you're so cute" she says, "i loved it" she kisses my lips before hugging me tighter.

"i swear imma marry you one day" i say as we put our foreheads together.

"i love you"

"i love you too"

(a/n): lil cute one.
they sooooo in love
but not for long.
WHO SAID THAT!!!!
not me anyways..🦧

- leila