Chapter 31: Planeptune - Somber Mood

Depuis le début

"I only really know simple stuff like Eggs and Toast." He said.

"Is that all you eat when your home?"

"I mean, yeah. It's easy to make."

"That's no good, Al-Al!" Said Compa, who seemed rather upset by this. "Eating the same food all the time is bad for your health! You need to have a balanced diet or your body will get sick more easily!"

"I mean, honestly I feel fine." He said before pointing with his thumb at the fridge"Actually I was about to-Whoa!"

Before Alex could even finish speaking, Compa suddenly gave him five plates placed one over the other and because of how suddenly he received them, the young boy had to move backwards and forward a few times before the tower of plates finally got balanced and stopped wiggling around.

"Nurse Compa prescribes you healthy meals with everyone. You're not allowed to say no." She said with her usual smile before turning him around and pushing him out. "Now please go set up the table while Ge-Ge and I finish here."

The nurse then pushed Alex out of the kitchen and closed the door behind him. Causing him to look at the door over his shoulder for a moment with widened eyes before looking forward again and sighing while sweatdropping.

While heading to the dining room and setting up the table, he couldn't help but get the feeling these girls, especially the ones around Planeptune, were starting to push him around a bit too easily. Putting that issue aside, eating something different could be a nice change of pace.

After he finished putting everything in place and sat down, it took around another half hour for Compa and Nepgear to be done with the food.

"Iffy! Nep-Nep! food is ready!"

Neptune and IF, who until now were playing videogames together, got off the floor and headed towards the table.

"Sweet! Time for some grub!" Said Neptune as she quickly made her way to her chair.

"Nep-Nep, make sure to wash your hands first."

Planeptune's CPU made a pouty face, but nonetheless got off the chair and went to the bathroom to wash her hands along with IF. Alex had already washed his while waiting, so he didn't need to go with them.

After the two returned, everyone proceeded to eat. Alex was more accustomed to eating alone or in silence, which made the myriad of voices and noises surrounding him at that moment quite unexpected.

While Compa talked about her work on the hospital and IF about her assignments in the guild, Neptune spoke mostly about videogames or simply gulped down everything in her plate.

Rather than speaking, Nepgear seemed more focused on listening, but even she spoke from time to time. Alex was probably the only one eating quietly, although this didn't last for long as Compa called out everyone's attention.

"Everyone, I brought some pudding!" Said the Nurse as she headed towards the table while holding a tray with five puddings.

"Ohh!? Compa's pudding! I've been waiting for this!" Said Neptune with excitement.

"Eh? When did she get up?"

"In the middle of our conversation." Answered the CPU Candidate.

"Here you go, Al-Al!" Said the nurse as she handed one of the puddings to the young boy.

Initially Alex was about to accept it without a second thought but then for some reason as Alex eyed the snack, he had a vision, like a flashback.

In that vision, he saw a tall girl, the same tall girl that was in his visions back at Leanbox.