Chapter 27: Lastation - Night of Fate

Start from the beginning

"You said this place feels familiar, right?"

Alex turned around and saw a figure standing across from him.

It looked like an adult woman who wore a shrine maiden like outfit, with a sword in its scabbard being attached to the left side of her waist

She had long pink hair and what seemed to be long fox ears on the top of her head.

Her face was concealed by a white fox maks with red markings.

"Uh, hi? W-Who are you?" Asked the boy, as he found it extremely weird that somebody would be here at this time of the night.

Instead of answering his question, the fox girl moved onto a different topic.

"Young boy, tell me. Are there any regrets you have?" She asked.

"Huh? Why does that matter to you? Who even asks a personal question like that to a rando they just met?" Replied the boy who was a little agitated at the fox girl's question.

BGM: Night Of Fate

The fox girl didn't respond back and merely drew her sword out from his scabbard, getting into a battle stance.

Alex just groaned at this as he put a hand on his sword's handle.

"Seriously? What the hell is your problem?" He asked, withdrawing his sword as he also got into a battle stance.

This time, the fox girl answered his question.

"This is a test. A test to see if you're ready to face the truth." She said which only confused Alex even more.

"W-Wha...............ugh, whatever. Let's just get this over with." He said.

The two would proceed to dash at one another, clashing their blades as they went back and forth.

Neither had managed to land a strike as it became quickly apparently that the two sides were evenly matched as they kept on stalemating.

"You know, for being a complete stranger, you aren't half bed." Said Alex inbetween pants as he tried to hold his ground in the current stalemate.

"Impressive. Your swordsmanship has grown tremendously since then." Said the fox girl which caught Alex off guard.

"What? Do you know me or something?" Asked Alex.

This slight shock broke Alex's concentration as the girl took advantage.

"Stay focused." She said, breaking the clash and kicking Alex as the boy was knocked back and collided into the trunk of the Sakura Tree.

Alex then fell onto the ground as he slowly stood back up to his feet.