19 | chocolate vs vanilla

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER NINETEEN :
CHOCOLATE VS VANILLA

╚──────────────────────╝

NEXT DAY

Alex and Derek were spending their Monday afternoon strolling around the neighborhood. Alex wasn't the type to go for random walks, but she needed to do something to relieve the accumulated stress inside her. She wanted an escape from her difficulties with Star and Simone, as well as Hunter's flirtations. As for Derek, he had nothing better to do and chose to tag along.

"Have Star and Simone confronted you yet?" Derek inquired, his hands in his jeans pockets and his eyes locked on the concrete beneath them.

"Nope." Alex popped the P, her attention dropping downwards. "But I noticed Star staring at me at the party. She probably didn't confront me since you were there." However, Alex was aware that Star had confronted Jamal. She didn't see Star hit Jamal, but she heard about it. Everyone's talking about it, and while some jerks are mocking Jamal and calling him weak, most people sympathize with him.

Jamal didn't deserve that, and he never will. Alex now had another reason to despise Star, and she hoped she never saw that blonde-haired bitch again.

Derek, unlike Alex, was strangely out of the loop. Alex had to enlighten him about the Star vs. Jamal feud, and a look of surprise and bemusement covered Derek's delicate features as he processed the facts she was giving him. He had to double-check that Alex was talking about Jamal Lyon because it was difficult to comprehend. Who would have beef with Jamal? He was never a problem to anyone.

"Why the hell would she do that?" Derek asked, his tone angry. "Isn't Jamal her boyfriend's brother?"

"Why does Star do anything she does, honestly?" Alex responded. The girl is illogical. "She's hotheaded."

Derek scowled and shook his head. "Well, damn. If she's slapping guys like it's nothing, you should probably avoid her."

"Oh, I intend to. I also intend to avoid Hunter's thirsty ass." Alex rolled her eyes as she remembered the other blonde she disliked. She wished she hadn't gone to his party. He didn't deserve her presence, especially after attempting to start shit with Derek. Derek and Jamal were similar in that they kept to themselves and were unproblematic. So, who would hate them?

Derek detested Hunter as much as she did. "I feel bad for Cotton and Angel because they're related to him. He's garbage. I'm sorry."

"Straight trash," Alex agreed, prompting Derek to laugh. She also laughed. "He hasn't changed since the first time I met him. He also mentioned he wanted to talk to me about my fake relationship with you, so I'm hoping I don't run into him."