25 | regret in your tears

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE :
REGRET IN YOUR TEARS

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON

Jamal's fans were still pressing Cotton about responding to his song. Some fans were even begging her to get back with him, saying they missed Jotton and shit. But that was never happening. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Cotton gave them one thing they wanted though, and that was a response. So she was in the studio right now with Carlotta, Simone, and Alex, ready to say what she had to say. And if the fans asked her why she had to be so harsh, she was just gonna tell them Jamal made her do it.

Simone clapped excitedly. "Okay, I'm not the only excited one right?!"

Alex spoke dryly. "I don't think excited is the right word for this situation, Simone."

"Yeah it is! We're about to hear Cotton sing for the first time!"

Carlotta said, "Yes you are and she sings good. She gets it from me and not that Jahil."

Yeah...Cotton rather not gonna talk about her dad Jahil. He was far away from there and that was for the best.

"Let's hear you Cotton! I'm dying over here!" Simone pleaded.

Cotton chuckled and put her hands up. "Okay, okay. I need my closure anyway."

She hopped in the recording booth and put the headphones on as the somber music started playing. Her voice matched the music because all of the memories with Jamal were rushing to her and she was hurt as shit.

COTTON :

I just wanted memoriesss with you

Regret in your tears, know you taste em
Cause you know I don't chase, I replace em
Don't rush, take time, take some
I just wanted memories, tried to make some with youuu
You
Now I gotta erase some with youuuu
You

Look at you now, stuck in the background
Silence right now sounds so loud
Tried to let you go, you come back round
Look at you now, stuck in the background

Two seats in my two seater-er-er
Used to pull off on me, leave me hur-urt
Tryna front but I know you do your dirt dirt
Not nice boy, you know you do your dirtttt

Cotton sung the chorus again as the three of them looked at her sorrowfully. Now she was singing the second verse while thinking about how Jamal name dropped her in his song.