62 | affair

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO :
AFFAIR

╚──────────────────────╝

COOKIE

Cookie and her kids stared at the news desolately because they're announcing Angelo's death. She still couldn't believe her fiancé was dead and she didn't even know how! All she knew was that the 911 operator heard a gunshot, so they traced the call and it led them to Angelo's phone.

The cops went to his house and saw nothing. They declared him as missing, but they found his body hours later. His dead body.

Cookie should've cried when she found out, but she didn't. She was too angry because she knew who did this. So did her kids. The cops are acting clueless though, so she called them and they're on their way.

Cookie was going to tell them that Lucious is the suspect and they better believe her! She knew Kingsley was also a killer and she knew there was a cult full of El Diablo worshipers, but she knew they didn't do this because they always leave a mark on their victims. Angelo didn't have anything carved into his forehead, so this was Lucious' doing.

So Cookie wasn't going to mention anyone's name but his. He needs to be the cop's main focus.

A cop finally arrived. Her name is Officer Bassett because that's what her badge says. "Cookie Lyon. I heard you know who killed Angelo Dubois."

"Yes I do know who killed my fiancé! Lucious Lyon did!" Cookie blurted out.

"He killed Cassie Brown too!" Jamal added.

"Sorry, we don't have any evidence for that so that case is closed for now," Officer Bassett told him. "Now, back to Angelo. What makes you think Lucious did it?"

"Because he's my jealous possessive ex-husband! Angelo and I just got engaged and Lucious was not happy about it! Now Angelo's dead?! Put two and two together!"

Officer Bassett was listening to her. "Alright, but are you sure Angelo had no other enemies?"

"Angelo didn't bother no one, lady! He was a well respected man! Lucious did this, so arrest him!"

"I can't just arrest him. We have to investigate first."

Jamal butted in again. "Well he put a damn gun to my head, so can you arrest him for that?!"

"Did he shoot you?" Officer Bassett questioned.

"No."

"And do you have proof that he put a gun to your head?"

"No."

"Then no I can't arrest him. But we will look into what you're saying, Cookie," Officer Bassett told her.