17 | war

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN :
WAR

╚──────────────────────╝

COOKIE

Hakeem and Cookie headed to the conference room and waited for everyone to file inside. And when Cookie said everyone, she meant everyone. Every single Empire employee needed to be there because they needed to have a serious conversation.

Hakeem just told her that Alex wanted to quit and that wasn't sitting right with Cookie. She didn't want her to quit. Not because of her talent, but because she belonged there more than Lucious did!

Cookie really wished she could get rid of that man, but she couldn't. The security guards were scared shitless of him so she had no one to forcefully remove Lucious from the building. And she had no one to make sure he stayed out.

Yeah Hakeem could do the job, but Cookie'd rather not put her son in danger like that. Because Lucious wouldn't hesitate to kill Hakeem at all. So they just had to accept the fact the devil was there to stay.

But the last thing Cookie wanted was her employees being scared to come to work, so she guessed there were only two options she could give them. Stay or leave. And she really hoped they didn't leave. But if they wanted to, she wouldn't stop them.

Everyone's in the room now. Treasure spoke up first. "What's going on, Cookie?"

"It's been brought to my attention that some of you feel unsafe because of Lucious' return and wanna quit?"

Cookie saw Star and Simone look at Alex.

"Lucious shouldn't have a return. He shouldn't be here at all," Noah stated.

Hakeem said, "I actually agree with him for once."

"Well look y'all, I can't get rid of Lucious. The security guards are too scared to handle him, so nothing is stopping Lucious from walking in here. So he's here to stay. But trust me, I hate it as much as you guys do. I really do."

Star shrugged. "I ain't letting that man mess with my coin, so I really don't care. So what's the next step, Cookie?"

"Well I don't wanna force anyone to be here if they don't wanna be, so who wants out? The door is right there."

A bunch of business employees walked out in a heartbeat. Cookie's heart dropped, but she didn't stop them. Thankfully no artists left though.

"Alex?" Cookie said.

She looked at her friends, then at Cookie. "I'm staying, Cookie. I'm in this until the end."

Now Cookie was really relieved. But all of that relief shifted into angst when Lucious entered the room. "What's going on in here?"