68 | protector

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT :
PROTECTOR

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON

Cotton and Jamal were back together and she hadn't told anyone but Jahil. Of course he told Ray J. Ray J wouldn't shut up about it. He even told Cotton that he wishes Hakeem and Tiana reconcile too.

Cotton will never understand what Ray J's fascination with Hakeem is. Hakeem cheated on Tiana, why would she go back to that? But she forgot that Ray J is a man. Cheating is okay in his eyes.

Anyway, since they knew about Jamal, Cotton felt like it was only right to fill Star and Simone in. They're her girls. And she needed to tell Tiana too, but she was at Noah's house. So Cotton went to Star's room and she and Simone are gossiping about something.

"What y'all in here talking about?" Cotton asked nosily.

"Alex's song." Then they looked at Cotton. Star said, "You and Jamal are back together, huh?"

"Well damn. Jahil told y'all too?"

Simone shook her head. "No. That hickey on your neck did."

"Wait what?" Cotton rushed to look in the mirror and they're not lying. She really did have a hickey and she didn't even know! And the reason why they automatically assumed Jamal gave it to her is because he used to always do it back when they were dating the first time.

Cotton moved her hair so it was covering her hickey. Then she laughed awkwardly. "Well...you know how Jamal is. He loves to mark his territory."

"So y'all are together?" Star asked.

"Yeah. I'm giving him another chance."

Simone was concerned. "That's good, but what about Maurice?"

"I have to cut him off."

Star's ears perked up. "You haven't yet?!"

"No. I don't know how to because Maurice is aggressive. I don't know how he's going to react. He already doesn't like Jamal."

"Then don't mention Jamal. Just tell him that you don't like him anymore," Simone suggested.

"Trust me, if I don't tell him, he's going to find out anyway. He's gonna see us together."

Star shrugged. "Well I don't know. All I know is that you need to break up with him because you have two boyfriend's right now and that ain't good."

"Yeah, it's kind of cheating," Simone added.

"Yeah I'll handle it, but y'all mentioned Alex's song?" Cotton remembered. "What song?"

Simone answered her. "A song basically threatening Royalty's life."