16 | new wife

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SIXTEEN :
NEW WIFE

╚──────────────────────╝

ANDRE

NEXT DAY

It was Sunday which meant it was time for church. Andre didn't go to church with his family though. They weren't into it. Instead, he went with Carlotta, her sister Cassie, Andre's wife Anika, and Kingsley. They bring Bella with them too.

Bella should be ready to go, so Andre went to her room. Royalty was there with Bella and she just finished getting her ready.

Andre spoke. "She's ready?"

"Yup! All set!"

Bella looked beautiful in her dress. She ran up to Andre and held his hand. Of course she had her doll in her other hand. She went everywhere with her dolls. Even to school.

Problem is, her doll had no head. "Where's your doll's head, Bella?"

"It keeps coming off! I got tired of fixing it!"

"Okay, I'll tell Hakeem to buy you a new one."

Bella shook her head. "No it's okay! Grandpa is going to buy me all the dolls in the world!"

That made Andre pause. "Grandpa? As in Lucious?"

She nodded vigorously. "I love Lucious!"

Oh lord. Royalty and Andre exchanged a look because that wasn't good at all. If Hakeem heard that, he was gonna go ballistic. But Bella got attached to people easily and if you tried to stop her from seeing them, she cries and cries. So Andre didn't know how this was gonna work.

Royalty spoke next. "Well you guys should get going."

Andre frowned at her. "I really wish you'd come with us."

"I'll pass. I don't think God wants me after the things I've done."

She wasn't lying. She's done some...questionable things before. Thanks to her ex girlfriend Jaylen. Jaylen straight up corrupted her which is why none of them liked Jaylen. Even Cookie hated Royalty for a while because of it, but she got over it.

Andre looked down at his niece. "Well let's go, Bella." He walked downstairs while holding Bella's hand. "Hakeem!"

Hakeem showed himself. "Oh y'all leaving?"

"Yes. And you need to buy Bella a new doll before someone else does. This one is old and tired."

"Someone else like Tiana?" Hakeem assumed.