46 | swear

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FORTY SIX :
SWEAR

╚──────────────────────╝

KINGSLEY

NEXT DAY

Lucious was about to go batshit crazy now that he knew Cookie had a boyfriend. Kingsley already knew that Cookie was dating Angelo, but he never told Lucious because he thought he knew. He didn't know Cookie was keeping it a secret.

Kingsley didn't know what Lucious' plan was, but it probably involved killing Angelo because he was pissed. Kingsley needed to be by his side, but he couldn't right now because he had to worry about the cult.

Something bad happened yesterday. Ten of the cult members got arrested because they were suspects in the murder they committed. What Kingsley didn't understand was how the police caught them. They'd never been caught before so why now?

Kingsley gathered the rest of the cult at his place so they could talk about this. Andre was there too and he wasn't as devastated as the rest of them which was a red flag. But the last thing Kingsley wanted to do was accuse his brother of being a snitch. Maybe Andre wasn't devastated because he hadn't been there long enough.

But Andre did call someone after they killed that couple. Was it the cops? But no. Kingsley knew Andre had more sense than that.

One of the male cult members said, "Man, what are we gonna do?! Ten of us were arrested and we can't help them!"

A woman said, "This shouldn't have happened, Kingsley!"

"But it did. It's entirely our fault. We were sloppy in our execution. It has to be less of us next time."

"But no one saw us!" the woman exclaimed.

"I guess someone did."

The man sucked his teeth. "Man, this is bullshit! We're trying to get to 666 members! We can't afford for people to get arrested!"

Kingsley eased their minds. "No one else is getting arrested. Not on my watch. We just have to work on our covertness."

Everyone nodded sadly except for Andre. Kingsley called him out. "Do you have anything to add, Andre?"

"No. I think you said it all."

"Mhm. Well you and I need to talk in private. The rest of you can make yourselves comfortable."

Kingsley led Andre to his bedroom to talk. Andre crossed his arms. "Wassup?"

Kingsley got straight to the point. "Who did you call yesterday?"