15 | handle it

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FIFTEEN :
HANDLE IT

╚──────────────────────╝

ALEX

Alex ran out of the studio and straight to the bathroom after seeing El Diablo's face. Seeing the devil in the flesh made her feel sick to her stomach! So sick, she puked into the toilet.

Why the hell did that monster get released?! He'd killed more people than Alex could count on her fingers! Then Cookie had the nerve to say he was gonna be staying here at Empire?!

Oh hell no. Alex couldn't tolerate that. She didn't like being around Lucious! You could literally feel the demonic energy radiating off of him when he was in the room and it was overwhelming! So if he really did start working there, then Alex might have to dip.

Alex knew Star and Simone were gonna be mad, but she didn't feel safe there anymore! And her safety came first.

Alex flushed the toilet and wiped her mouth grumpily. Then she went to the sink to wash her mouth out and left the bathroom. She flinched hard when she heard someone say, "You okay?"

She followed the familiar voice and saw Derek. He was leaning against the wall as if he was waiting there the entire time. "Derek? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Noah, but I saw you running in here and I got worried."

"I just had to puke my guts out real quick," Alex told him.

"Oh. You ate something bad?"

"More like I saw something bad. El Diablo," Alex corrected.

"He's here?"

"He is, and he's here to stay. And being in the same room as a killer made me feel so sick. And if he continues being here, I don't know if I can keep working here."

Derek furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, what do you mean? You're gonna leave the group?"

Alex frowned now. "I don't wanna leave my girls hanging, but why stay if I'm uncomfortable?"

Derek warned her. "Alex...I think you're better off toughening this out. You know how Star gets. If you quit on her, she's gonna go off on you. And Simone likes you a lot."

Not as much as Alex liked her though...

Then Derek's phone went off. He checked it out. "Well that's Noah. I gotta go. But I hope you don't quit though. I like hearing your music."

That was Alex's first time hearing that. "You do?"

"Yeah. I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I have all of your songs downloaded."