22 | ghostwriter

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO :
GHOSTWRITER

╚──────────────────────╝

TIANA

NEXT DAY

Thanks to Treasure being the lyrical genius she was, Tiana was able to release a song in response to Star and Take Three in general. Now the fans were praising her, saying she was so fast in writing songs. Tiana responded by saying she was just that talented.

She didn't write that song though, but they didn't need to know that. But she guessed Treasure wanted them to know because she said, "We need to talk, T."

"What's up?"

"It's about the song. I see all the fans praising you on social media," Treasure said.

Tiana smiled. "Yeah! I told you they would!"

"Yeah. And I also saw a fan praise you for writing the song so fast, and you said you're just that talented."

"Yes I did."

"Well that's not sitting right with me because you didn't write the song. I did," Treasure reminded her.

"And I know that, but I can't tell the fans that Treasure!"

"Why not?!"

"Because it'll ruin my image!" Tiana exclaimed. "Never have I ever sung someone else's song!"

"Well you just did, Tiana! And I understand you're Empire's top artist, but I want my credit!"

Tiana just said, "Well I'm not gonna make a statement saying you wrote the song. But I'll just ignore any comments about the lyrics so I won't have to lie, okay?"

"Mhm."

Treasure and Tiana were about to walk off, but they saw Take Three in front of them. Star dissed them. "Well well well, look what we have here. Two sad bitches."

Alex crossed her arms with a smirk. "Did you hear our song, Tiana?"

"Did you hear mine?" Tiana fired back.

Star spoke. "Yeah we did. It was nice, except those lyrics didn't sound like something you'd write at all."

"I'm versatile, Star. Something you know nothing about."

"Or maybe you have a ghost writer."

"Or even worse, she stole someone else's song," Alex added.

Simone gasped dramatically. "Are you a plagiarizer, Tiana?!"

"Girl don't try me! I wrote those lyrics myself in the studio! Ask Treasure, she was there!"