18 | done with everyone

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN :
DONE WITH EVERYONE

╚──────────────────────╝

Today was a strange day. Simone had just bolted from the house at lightning speed for unclear reasons. Then Angel became grumpy for whatever reason. Cotton had no idea what was wrong with her family.

Hunter's party messed everything up. Hunter, thankfully, wasn't at Carlotta's house right now. But Cotton spoke too soon because he had just walked through the front door, accompanied by Jahil. Cotton scowled at her disrespectful brother because he had been extremely out of line the night before. He had no right to pick a fight with Jamal, regardless of the fact it was his birthday. The same is true for Star.

"Man, I turned the fuck up last night!" Hunter exclaimed vehemently before laughing and clapping his hands. "I had an absolute blast!"

Carlotta's venomous tone pierced through the house's first level. "Hunter, could you please lower your voice in my house?!"

As Carlotta came out, he said, "My bad. My bad. I'm still reeling from the excitement."

Jahil said something. "Let's be honest: the setting was spectacular. I've never seen anything like it."

"Neither have I, but I have connections." Hunter proudly popped his collar. "That's the privilege of being a star quarterback."

Cotton noticed Carlotta rolling her eyes. Cotton wanted to as well, but she didn't. She just gazed at him, her anger never leaving her face. Hunter took note of her irritated expression. "You don't seem excited, sis."

"That party was a little too dramatic for me."

Hunter sighed, realizing what was bothering her. "Look, I'm sorry for attacking your man, but I don't like his cheater ass."

"And I damn sure don't like you," Carlotta mumbled. Not low enough since Jahil heard her and reprimanded her. "Lottie."

Carlotta wasn't sorry for anything. She couldn't stand Hunter and had no problem telling him so. Cotton continued speaking, though. "It's not just you, Hunter. Star is now feuding with Jamal. She slapped him."

Carlotta was unaware of this because she had stayed at home. Star's drastic actions made her shake her head. "Star should stop putting her hands on men because they might fight back in self-defense like Noah did. That crap might put her on El Diablo's radar. You know how much he enjoys having an excuse to kill."

"Yeah. Like how he killed Cassie."

Hunter perked up his ears. "Wait. Is Cassie gone?"

"No shit. She's not here, is she?"