39 | interrogation

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE :
INTERROGATION

╚──────────────────────╝

CARLOTTA

Carlotta was walking through Empire and everyone who knew Cassie was her sister was looking at her in shock right now. Well they can calm down because she wasn't there to get back to work. She was there to talk to Cookie.

Cookie's foul, no good ass ex husband killed her sister! And Carlotta didn't know if Cookie knew, so they needed to talk. Something needed to be done about Lucious' ass!

She found Cookie and she was just as shocked to see Carlotta as everyone else. "Carlotta, what are you doing here?! I thought you were gonna take a couple days off because your sister died?!"

"Yeah, thanks to your no good ass ex husband!" Carlotta accused.

"Oh not again."

"Not again?" Carlotta repeated with a confused look. "So you heard this before?"

"Angelo suspects Lucious, but-"

"But you don't," Carlotta said for her. "Why am I not surprised?"

"Look, the only reason why I don't believe it is because it makes no sense. Lucious had beef with you, not Cassie."

"And that's true, but Lucious killed Cassie to make me hurt. He told me that himself."

"What do you mean he told you that?"

"He confessed right to my face about killing Cassie," Carlotta answered.

"Okay, let me hear."

Carlotta was puzzled. "How are you supposed to hear that?"

"You didn't record his confession?"

"No I didn't."

"Then how are the cops supposed to believe you?"

That angered Carlotta. "Fuck the cops! Right now I need you to believe me! My best friend. But you don't, do you?"

Cookie really didn't believe her. That's why she exhaled deeply before saying, "Look Carlotta, you know there's been a lot of murders going on in this city. So maybe Cassie was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Wow. Carlotta couldn't believe she was defending that monster. "Alright, I'm done listening to this!"

"I'm just stating the facts!"

Carlotta argued back with her. "Those aren't the facts, Cookie! I'm telling you the facts and you don't give a damn because the truth is too shameful for you!"