23 | the next el diablo

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE :
THE NEXT EL DIABLO

╚──────────────────────╝

RAVEN

Treasure just came home in the foulest mood ever. Now Raven was on high alert because she knew damn well someone at Empire wasn't messing with her cousin! They knew better than to do that while she was there!

Raven demanded answers. "Treasure, what happened?! Someone messed with you?!"

"A major someone," Treasure grumbled.

"Was it Cotton or Becky?! I'll handle those bitches!"

"It was Tiana."

That confused Raven. "Tiana? That's your best friend. She never messes with you."

"Well she did today." Then Treasure shook her head and huffed. "I shouldn't have gave her the song, I swear."

"What song?"

Tiana elaborated. "The song Tiana just released was mine. I wrote all of those lyrics."

"Then why did you give it to her?"

"Because she needed a favor. Star, Alex, and Simone were coming at her hard and Tiana needed something to respond with," Treasure answered. "I told Tiana to write her own song, but she said she didn't have time. So I let her sing mine."

"Now I regret it because she's claiming she wrote the song!" Treasure sighed. "I don't know how some people are okay with being ghost writers. It doesn't feel good at all."

Raven said, "Treasure, don't you feel like your friendship ain't a friendship sometimes?"

"Then what is it?"

"It's a dictatorship," Raven said matter of factly. "Tiana says do something and you do it."

Treasure shook her head. "No. Tiana doesn't control me, okay? She needed a favor so I helped her."

"And how many favors has she done for you?" Treasure didn't answer. "Yeah, let that sink in."

Treasure rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Whatever Raven! Go Stalk Jamal or something!"

"Can't. You'll get fired remember?"

"Maybe that's for the best at this point," Treasure replied sadly. "Speaking of Jamal, don't listen to his new song."

"Why?"

"Because you're not gonna like what you hear."

Then Treasure left without saying anything else and Raven furrowed her eyebrows. Jamal released a new song? She didn't even know that because she's been leaving him alone. But now her curiosity was getting the best of her so she had to listen to it.