13 | whatever it takes

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER THIRTEEN :
WHATEVER IT TAKES

╚──────────────────────╝

HAKEEM

It was Hakeem's turn to pick Bella up from school today so that's where he was headed. He parked the car and got out of it. Then he headed to the schoolyard because that's where the teachers waited for the kids to be picked up. But Hakeem saw Bella's teacher, but no Bella.

Where the hell was his daughter?

Hakeem walked up to Bella's teacher and she greeted him. "Oh hello Hakeem. It's a surprise to see you."

"Why? I always pick Bella up on Friday's."

"It's a surprise because someone already came to get her."

What?

"And who is this someone?" Hakeem asked seriously. 

She rubbed her chin. "Oh darn. I didn't get their name."

Hakeem's heart actually dropped. "So you're telling me you let a stranger come and take my daughter?!"

"He didn't seem like a stranger. Bella called him daddy."

"Well obviously that's not true! I'm her dad!"

The teacher felt bad now. Hakeem just stormed away from her and pulled out his phone to FaceTime Tiana. Someone really took their kid thanks to that dumb ass teacher! He didn't even know if Bella was okay right now!

Tiana answered. "Hakeem, I'm busy!"

"I DON'T CARE! Someone kidnapped Bella!" Hakeem shouted urgently.

"What are you talking about?"

"Exactly what I just said! I went to pick her up and her teacher told me that someone else did! Is she with you?!" Hakeem asked.

"No."

"Then I'm calling the cops!"

Tiana stopped him. "You don't need to call the cops, Hakeem. Bella is safe and sound."

"With who?!"

"Noah."

What the fuck? "What'd you just say?"

"Exactly what I just said. Noah picked her up for you, so you're welcome."

"NO FUCK THAT! Why you got him playing daddy with my kid?!" Hakeem raged.

"Because you ain't playing daddy! That's why!"

"How can I when you have him doing everything for me?!" Hakeem argued back.