15 | crazy asses

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FIFTEEN :
CRAZY ASSES

╚──────────────────────╝

NEXT DAY

Derek had finished putting on his outfit. He smoothed out his shirt as he focused on himself in the mirror. It was Saturday, which meant it was time for Hunter's birthday celebration. Derek didn't know the man, but he dressed up for the occasion nevertheless.

He had no idea why he was dressing up for a basic house party, but Alex had said she was going to wear her nicest outfit, so he had to match her fly. Plus, her enemies will be present. They had to shut them up.

Alex had just messaged him, saying she was on her way. Derek went downstairs because she lived directly next door to him. His grandmother was sitting on the couch, as usual, watching television. She felt his presence and craned her neck to see him. Her lips curved into a wide grin at the sight of his stylish outfit. "Look at you! Why are you dressing up on a Saturday night? Are you going on a date?"

"Alex and I have a party to attend."

"Oooooh, okay! Are you going to bring her home afterward?" she asked teasingly, wiggling her brows. Derek was sick of her playing matchmaker.

"Grandma, please stop."

She raised her hands. "Hey, I'll allow it!"

"Alex and I are just friends," he said for the thousandth time. "I told you that. So please don't say anything like that when she comes. You'll scare her away."

"Alright. I won't say anything, but you two would look good together, Derek."

Yeah, I know, Derek thought. The doorbell rang, and he knew it was Alex. When he went to open the door, he was captivated by her appearance. With an enthralled look, he ran his eyes up and down the length of her body. Damn. She was stunning.

"Cat got your tongue?" she jokingly asked.

He chuckled, his attention glued on her dress. "I think so. You look great!"

"Thank you." Alex spun around to show off her outfit once more. After that, she complimented him. "You look just as good. We definitely understood the assignment.

"For sure."

"Who's at the door, Derek?!" His grandmother was curious. She approached the door and smiled when she saw Alex.