02 | family gossip

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWO :
FAMILY GOSSIP

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON SAT ACROSS from her father Jahil and uncle Ray J

COTTON SAT ACROSS from her father Jahil and uncle Ray J. Ray J was feeling hyped about her relationship with Jamal, which was getting tiring. "I'm glad you left that Maurice dude. I like the Lyons better."

"Yeah. You especially love Hakeem, huh?" Cotton retorted, knowing all about his favoritism towards Hakeem. Everyone knew he wanted Tiana and Hakeem to get back together, and Ray J had no shame about it. His mind wasn't changing. He had no loyalty to Star since she wasn't his actual blood.

Ray J didn't hide his adoration for Hakeem. "I do. It was nice seeing him again."

"You know he got shot, right?" Jahil mentioned.

"The fuck? For real?" Ray J's face was no longer bright. Darkness flickered in his eyes as he stared at Jahil, not even realizing his fists were balled up. It seemed like he was ready to beat someone's ass.

Jahil nodded. "Yeah, but he's good. He took the bullet for Tiana, believe it or not."

That information made the brightness return to Ray J's face. He was even more hyped. "See? This is why Tiana needs to get back with him. They're meant for each other."

Cotton hissed at him because he was being way too loud and disrespectful. "You need to keep your voice down! Star is upstairs!"

"So? What's she gonna do to me?"

"Beat your ass."

He brushed off that assumption with a snort. "Man, this is America. Freedom of speech is a thing."

"Doesn't mean you can't get your ass beat for it," Cotton warned. Her uncle waved his hand around dismissively because he thought she was bugging. He was sure Star wasn't touching him.

Just then, Tiana came downstairs and joined them. "What's up, family!"

Jahil answered her. "Nothing. We were talking about you, actually."

"Oooo!" Tiana rubbed her hands together with a cocky smirk. "Well, I do like being the center of attention. What were y'all talking about?"

"You and Hakeem being together."

"What?"

Even Cotton knew it was a dumb topic. "Yeah, ignore that. You know how Ray J and his fantasies are."

"It doesn't have to be a fantasy though. All they have to do is-"

Ray J got cut off by Jahil. "Anyway! Tiana, what's this I hear about Bella? You sent her away?"