26 | catching on

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX :
CATCHING ON

╚──────────────────────╝

CARLOTTA

NEXT DAY

"So Carlotta, I have some good news for you!" Cookie began through the phone.

"I hope it has to do with Lucious."

"It does. I talked to him like you wanted and you're all good now. He won't bother you anymore," Cookie told her.

Carlotta was still doubtful. "You sure about that?"

"Yes because he has no reason to. He can't work at Empire anymore."

Hold on, that devil finally left Empire? What happened? So Carlotta asked her. "What happened?"

"That angry mob demanded that he quit so he did. He didn't want Empire going downhill because of him. And since he's gone, you don't have to worry about him anymore. He can't be CEO."

You don't know how happy those words made Carlotta. Her job was now secure, even though it was never insecure. She was never gonna resign no matter what Lucious said, but at least now she didn't have to worry about him trying to attack her for it.

"Thank you, Cookie!"

"Oh it wasn't me. It was that mob," she said. "But they're also gone, so we can have peaceful work days again."

"Hallelujah!"

Then Cassie came into the room. "LOTTIE!"

"Yes Cassie?"

"Now why you ain't tell me Cotton released a song about Jamal?!"

That made Carlotta end her conversation with Cookie. "I'll call you back, Cookie."

Then she hung up and Cassie was staring at her impatiently. "I'm waiting!"

"Was I supposed to tell you?"

"I'm in this family too, ain't I?!"

"Well I thought Cotton would've been the one to tell you. And it doesn't matter. You heard it anyway," Carlotta said.

"Yes I did and let me tell you, she poured her heart out in that song!"

Carlotta nodded with a frown. "Yeah. It made me cry seeing her hurting like that. She really loved Jamal and everyday I wish they would've worked out."

"Me too, but that guy clearly needs to fix himself. He has problems. But if they're meant to be then they'll get together again."

"Yeah. And since we're talking about the Lyons, I gotta tell you something about Lucious. I'm free from him!" Carlotta announced.