03 | super cheating bros

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER THREE :
SUPER CHEATING BROS

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON

NEXT DAY

Cotton was sitting at the kitchen table with her mother Carlotta and her cousin Tiana, who just so happened to be Empire's biggest artist to this day. Tiana was always telling Cotton to sign with Empire and she could because everyone in her family could sing just like those Lyons, but na. Cotton was gonna stick to her own work.

"So what you two got planned today?" Carlotta asked.

"You know Tiana's going to Empire."

"And what about you?"

Cotton avoided eye contact with her. "I'm gonna accompany her and then you know what I do after that. I'm not even gonna say it."

"Yeah please don't because I don't accept that kind of work and I never will."

Cotton spoke with an attitude. "Ma, how many times do I have to tell you I am a grown ass woman? If I wanna make money off of my body then that's what I'mma do!"

"And you think god will approve?"

Cotton just rolled her eyes and got up to wash her plate because she was not about to talk about god right now. Carlotta was such a church woman and it got annoying when she tried to push her beliefs onto Cotton.

Yes Cotton believed in god, but she wasn't super religious like Carlotta was.

Tiana spoke now. "Well if god doesn't approve, I do. I'mma always support you, Cott."

Cotton smiled at her. "And that's why you're my fav."

"And Star's your least favorite right?"

Cotton was not going to answer that because Tiana was tryna set her up. Cotton was cool with both her and Star and Tiana knew that. She was never picking a side.

Cotton recalled how this whole situation started. So Star and Simone's mother Mary Davis died when they were minors and they were about to be put into the foster system because they were too young to care for themselves, but Carlotta came through for them and took them in as her own because she was Mary's best friend.

So Star and Tiana actually used to be friends, but then Tiana and Hakeem broke up a year ago because he cheated on her. Then Noah and Star broke up a couple months ago because they got into a very heated physical fight.

Star hit him first so Noah used his right of self defense. And once you put your hands on each other, you can't come back from that. So they had to break up. Then Star and Hakeem confided in each other one night and had a one night stand, which led to real feelings. And then they started dating.