21 | mobsters

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE :
MOBSTERS

╚──────────────────────╝

ROYALTY

Royalty entered the studio and Simone was there waiting for her. "Hey, I'm here!"

"HEY!" Simone hugged her and coughed hard.

Royalty broke the hug and looked at her worriedly. "You okay?"

"Are you? You reek of weed!"

Royalty chuckled to herself. "Yeah my bad. I got lit earlier."

"So you really smoke weed?"

"Yeah. What about you?"

Simone shook her head. "No. I don't smoke or drink. I'm underage."

"We're the same age Simone, and that ain't stopping me."

Simone and Royalty were both 20.

"Well you're a Lyon so it's different. Ms. Carlotta will whoop my ass if I get into that life," Simone told her. "But anyway, we're not here to talk about that. We're here to sing! So here."

She handed Royalty the lyric sheet. "Oh, you wrote the song already? I thought we were gonna write it together?"

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Next time, I promise!"

Oh. So she was already thinking about making another song together? Royalty liked that enthusiasm.

Royalty nodded her head. "I'll hold you to that. So come on, let's record this masterpiece."

Simone clapped excitedly and they hopped in the booth and put their headphones on. Simone told Royalty her part was first, so she sung.

ROYALTY :

I wake myself up in the morning
Count my own stacks in the evening
So what makes you think that I need anything from you?

Buying all the drinks on the weekend
You're not the only one that's tryna creep in
So what makes you think that I got any time for you?

Now Simone was singing and Royalty was staring at her in awe because she sounded amazing. And she was hitting those high notes.