Chapter 124: Infiltration

Start from the beginning

Chris: Fuuu... So you really did save her from the clutches of that bear-like noble, after all. You are surprisingly responsible, aren't you ? If you cross a line here, you'll take responsibility, right ?

"I don't like where you're going with this. Why don't you start interrogating Kazuma about his relationship with Megumin instead ?"

Kazuma: hey, we are just more than friends, but not yet lovers... I think...

Chris: What does that even mean ? i'm so confused right now ! How far did you go with her ? Have you kissed her yet ?

"hey darkness, doesn't that spot look like a good place to stop the carriage ? It seems to be pretty secluded.

Darkness: Y- yeah, I guess it's fine.

Chris: Hey, don't just ignore me ! Tell me ! Hey, Darkness, we're old pals, right ? So tell me exactly what happened !

Darkness: What are all of you talking about ?! Please don't ask any more about that, Chris !

Kazuma: ... Why are you dressed like Kaka-

"Because I have white hair, that's just what a regular infiltration outfit looks on me. If you have a problem with that, I'll gladly 1000 years of pain's your ass. Both figuratively and literally."

Kazuma: ... Hm.

Darkness: H- Hey, just what are you agonizing over , We have already come this far, so let's go. The children are suffering as we speak... I've already prepared myself mentally, so stop dragging your feet and go.

"Alright then. Darkness, you're new to this line of work, so please listen to what we say on that matter."

Chris: Yeah, Darkness, you're a noble lady, so you aren't familiar with such stuff, right ? Don't worry, leave it to Chris-san. After all, Lowly assistant and I were the ones who successfully broke into the royal castle.

"Didn't you end up getting chased around by the entire palace's armed force all around the place ?

Chris: That's because lowly assistant...

Kazuma: Big Boss, now's not the time to reminiscence about the past. Even as we speak, the children are...

Chris: That's true, but I don't want to hear it from you !

"... Seekers reporting in. High walls everywhere, the main gate is shut, and no trace of any back door. I take it you guys didn't forget the rope ?"

Chris: Of course. Ropes are the best friends of thieves.

Darkness: ... Do the two of you normally walk around with those things ? No, I suppose you brought them because you knew we'd be sneaking in...

Chris: That's not it, a thief needs to have something like this on hand at all times.

Kazuma: Big Boss, Darkness is a sheltered lady, so what's common sense for us may not seem like it to her...

Chris: Ah, right, sorry, Darkness.

Darkness: ... You seem pretty skilled at this...

Chris: Hmm... Dammit, the rope's too slippery to climb ! Lowly assistant, given the strength of my arms, it'd be pretty difficult to get over this wall.

Kazuma: Big boss, let's tie some knots into the ropes. That'll give us some handholds and make it easier to climb.

Darkness: hey, you two, I think I'll be able to climb up just like that with my strength. Should I go up first and pull you two up ?