Chapter 73

Raj's POV

I drove her to her favorite restaurant out of the city, where we had gone for the first time. She smiled at me as soon as she realized that we were going there.

" I am so glad we are going there again. I could never forget that day. It was the first time I realized that I liked you more than I thought, I did. "  She said.

" Oh, so that date was memorable for you as well?? " I asked, she nodded with a smile.

" I will try to make today's night the most special one, you will never forget this and we will cherish it for the rest of our lives. " I said.

" I am sure of it. "  She said shyly, looking very pretty.

We reached there and I asked her to wait for me. I got out of the car and went to her side, opened the door, and extended my hand for her to take it.

She placed her hand over it and came out of the car. I escorted her inside. Our table was secluded as requested by me and a bouquet of lilies and chocolates was already lying there. 

She smiled at me looking at all that.

We sat across from each other at a small, candlelit table in a cozy Italian restaurant. I realized that we were sitting at the same table where we had our first date,  the air was filled with the aroma of garlic and herbs and soft jazz music played in the background.

As we sipped our mocktails, we talked about almost everything and nothing. We laughed and joked, and I felt a sense of comfort and ease with her that I had never felt before. It was as if we had known each other for years. Well, that was true but...the feeling was very different.

Myra's POV

The evening was magical. The dimly lit restaurant was the perfect setting for our first romantic dinner since our wedding, and my heart was fluttering with excitement.

I was dressed in one of my finest and most favorite casual dresses, and my husband, Raj, looked dashing in his suit. We were lost in each other's company, enjoying the ambiance and the scrumptious food.

Suddenly, I noticed a young lady walking towards us, and she stopped at our table, flashing a warm smile. Her beauty was undeniable, and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy.

I nudged Raj, hoping he'd introduce us. But before he could say anything, the woman spoke, "Hey, how are you, don't you remember me? We used to study in the same college. "

I felt a lump forming in my throat. I didn't like the way she was looking at my husband. I could feel the rage building up inside me.

Raj looked puzzled and shook his head. He didn't seem to recognize her.

"It's me, Rachel. We used to be in the same class together, in fact, we went on many dates too. Don't tell me you already forgot me. " the woman said, batting her eyelashes and giving Raj a flirty look.

He shook his head again as he knew how I can't take it.

I could feel my blood boiling. I knew what was going on. She was flirting with my husband. I didn't like it one bit.

I cleared my throat and said, "Excuse me, can we help you with something?"

Rachel turned to me, still smiling, but I could see the mischief in her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. I was just passing by and saw him, so I thought I'd say hello."

Raj looked at me, confusion etched on his face.

"I think it's time for you to leave," I said through gritted teeth.

Rachel's smile faltered, and she looked taken aback.