Chapter 21

Myra's POV

After breakfast, Sia aunty told me to get ready as my brothers were coming to pick me up.

"But aunty, I am already ready, is it not good enough? " I asked.

" It is nice but what I meant is that you should wear some bangles, and jewelry, as you are going there for the first time after getting married. So you have to represent the Kapoor family as well, as now you are our family member too.  Moreover, your family would like to see you dressed just the way a new bride should. If you want, Roohi or I can help you. " Sia aunty said.

" No, I understood, I will go and get ready. "

I went to my room and saw that Raj was working on his laptop. I opened my bags and took out everything, that was needed like some nice and elegant jewelry, and matching bangles, and applied a little makeup.

I looked at Raj through the mirror and was pleasantly surprised that he was looking at me.

I started wearing bangles and wore earrings but the little clamp of my diamond necklace seemed to be complicated,  though I tried my level best, I could not do it,  was trying to do it for two minutes now.

" Can you please call Roohi, I need help in securing this clamp. " I requested him as I wanted to talk to him.

He went out to call her.

Lately, everything became awkward between us, I miss the old days with him. He was so nice to talk to, I just wanted to clear everything between us. Though he had agreed to marry me, he was still as upset with me as he was on the day, when Viren caught me with Manik.

After about 5 minutes he came back and said, " Err... Roohi is talking to someone on the phone and mom and chachi are busy sending out gifts for our friends and family, so I guess it's just me, if it is okay with you, I can do it. "  He asked hesitantly.

I would like you to do that.

" Yes, okay... Sia aunty told me to get ready, so I don't want to be late. " I said.

He came to stand behind me and caught both sides of the platinum chain and then the clamp, his fingers were touching my nape and his warm breath was caressing my neck and shoulder creating a tingling sensation in my body.

I looked at his handsome features through the mirror and felt good that he was my husband now. My friends were going crazy when I told them that our families were considering a marriage proposal between him and me. They didn't know by then that I was dating Manik secretly.

He looked at me once and as soon as our eyes met, he turned on his heels and went out after picking up his laptop.

I combed my hair after getting ready and came downstairs again. After about ten minutes Viren and Sujal also came. Their hands were full of gifts and three men were following them carrying more gifts. Viren came towards me, placed the gifts on the table, and hugged me, I tightened my arms around his torso.

" I didn't know that I would ever miss you so much, We are here to take you for pag phera. Uncle, aunty, can we please take her home? " Sujal asked Rahul uncle.

" Of course, beta. " Uncle smiled at him.

Just then Roohi came in and hugged Sujal, he hugged her tight and grinned.

Sujal has been coming here almost every week, being Roohi and Ruhan's first cousin as Sia aunty was his dad's real younger sister. Sujal was extremely close to Roohi and overprotective of her, just like Sujoy uncle was of Sia aunty.

So he got busy with Roohi and Ruhan while Viren asked for Raj as he was not around.

" Oh, he had an urgent meeting with a client, he had almost forgotten about it, just about 15 minutes back his PA reminded him that his client was waiting in his office. This meeting was fixed last week and he had forgotten about it so could not cancel. " Ron explained.

" I can understand but wanted to meet him. I hope he would get to end his meeting soon." Viren said.

" Oh, he was also sitting here waiting for you when he got that call, it was his client. Ron offered that he could go and talk to him but you know how dedicated Raj is, he said that I can't let this contract go. But don't worry beta, he would come to have dinner at your place and bring our daughter back. " Rahul uncle said.

" Uncle, aunty, we want all of you to come for the dinner. Mom and dad would be calling you soon regarding that. " Viren said.

" Thanks a lot, beta, but that would be a bit difficult as you know that we were not prepared for the wedding, it happened all of a sudden, so we have to send gifts and sweets to our relatives and friends, otherwise they would get offended that we didn't even invite them. So we all are busy in that, once all this is over, we will definitely come for a dinner, now we all are family and there are no formalities between us. But Raj would definitely come. " Priya aunty said.

" I can understand, but I hope at least Ron, Roohi, and Ruhan can come. " Viren said.

" Sure, they would come. " Sia aunty said.

" Ok, aunty, we must take your leave now, everyone is waiting for her at home. " Viren said.

" Sure, Ron, take some helpers and keep these gifts in their car. "

" Why so many gifts and sweets aunty?? " Viren said.

" Actually our son got married last night to a very pretty girl, so we are sharing our happiness. Our daughter-in-law is going to her home for the first time after the wedding so how can she go like that. She is supposed to take gifts for her family. " Rohit uncle said.

They all hugged me and I left for my home with Viren and Sujal.

" How are you?? Is everything alright?? Is Raj behaving nicely with you?? "  Viren asked as soon as we drove off.

" I am fine, everything is alright, everyone including Raj is behaving nicely. Though of course, he needs time to forget that I was about to get married to Manik. "

"  He is right at his place, feelings can't be switched off and on. We can understand him... He is a gem of a person, don't worry, it will be fine. " Sujal said and Viren nodded.

********
It was evening and I called up Raj to ask him something my mom was asking what were his favorite dishes, as I didn't know anything about it, so she suggested that I call him and asked.

I did dial his number but it seemed that he had still not unblocked my number. But I could not tell them that.

" His phone is not reachable. "  I said.

" Wait, he must be busy, let it be, we can ask him when he comes here, I will get his favorite dishes cooked in no time. " Sujal said.

" Right what is the use of having a MasterChef as a brother who owns a hotel and has a squad of chefs to cook immediately? " Saanjh said hugging Sujal.

I have been very close to Saanjh, Sahaj, and Sujal, as we all had grown up together their dad and my dad were first cousins, just like Roohi and Ruhan.

We enjoyed ourselves a lot, after some time, Roohi and Ruhan walked in, and I looked at the door, but no one else came in.

" Raj bhai had not returned home till now and TaiJi sent Ron bhai for some work. So they will join us shortly by coming here directly.

Everyone was enjoying and teasing me that I was not paying heed to them as I was thinking of Raj, waiting desperately for him to come. I shook my head and denied it hotly but they kept teasing me.

I went to my room to change into something else and refresh my look as if I wanted to look good for him.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍

Hi

Good morning

Take care, have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi