Chapter 45

Raj's POV

Oh, God!! What kind of an explanation was it?? And what shall I say about her reasons to kiss him...

I was going crazy listening to reasons.

Crazy girl.

" So how was it?? "  I asked.

" What? "

" The kiss you gave him? " I asked with difficulty.

She looked at me and shook her head instantly.

" It was just a long peck. Nothing like the kiss we shared. " She replied.

Thank God!! I wanted to kill him at that time and then she said she kissed him, and my heart shattered.

" So how did you feel? "  Another difficult question.

" I didn't feel anything at all. "  She said immediately.

Thank God!!!

Though I was still hurt the pain was reduced drastically.

" Then why did you say to Viren that you wanted to get married to him if you had already planned to break up with him?? " I asked. 

" I never said that I wanted to get married to him, Viren assumed it on his own. You can ask him right now. I just said that he didn't kiss me, I kissed him and he was my boyfriend. But then you saw, how aggressive Viren became and wanted to beat him to a pulp. " She said looking into my eyes.

" Ok, I agree, he was very angry at that moment but then why did you agree to get engaged, you could easily refuse by telling everyone about how you felt.  " I asked. 

" Manik kept explaining but Viren never heard a word. But later on, I don't know how and when he got ready for the wedding all of a sudden, talked to our parents and arranged the engagement, even though I got to know two hours before it when they asked me to get ready. I was surprised but everyone was so happy and you were not even talking to me. Didn't even look at me on our flight back to Delhi. "  She said.

" Why didn't you tell your family that you didn't want to get married to him?"  I asked as it was hurting me.

" What would have I said to them?? You blocked me out of your life. I tried to contact you and explain that kiss and everything else. I called you that day but you blocked me. I tried talking to Ron and he asked me to cancel the engagement but do you think it was so easy at the moment and even you were not there to support me? In fact, you were so annoyed with me that you didn't even want to see my face.  What was the point in saying that I wanted to get married to you instead? I didn't even know what you wanted. That's why I asked Ron to bring you there and get to talk to me if he expected me to cancel the engagement. But that didn't happen... So I didn't get my engagement canceled as everyone was so happy, I could not spoil their friendships "  She replied.

" So if Viren had not seen you that night, you would have broken up your relationship with him? "  I asked.

" Yes!! I swear. "  She said immediately.

" You don't love him now? "  I asked the most important question that has been bothering me.

" I never loved him, Raj. I felt something for you, not him. I know, I made mistakes and acted impulsively but  I swear to god, the moment I placed my lips on his, I knew it was a mistake. And trust me I didn't feel anything at all. No chemistry between us. I had never felt anything for him. No spark, no tingling, no shudders or shivers which I feel when you touch me. " She said and her eyes said that she was not lying. It was an honest confession