Chapter 20

Myra's POV

" Are you sure that my name is even written in her Mehandi??" Raj asked with a hint of sarcasm.

" Of course, why are you asking that? " Sia aunty said.

"  Have you all forgotten that she was supposed to get married to Manik, so his name must be on her hand, not mine?"  He said. I just wanted to go away from there as I was feeling hurt.

" His name was never written in the Mehandi, I added your name when she got ready with the instant color mehndi tube. " Sia aunty said.

" But the Mehandi function was on the previous day and by then, he was... " Raj was saying.

" Well, when the Mehandi was being applied to her hand,  she had refused the artist to add any name, it seemed very odd at that time but now I think that maybe she didn't feel that connection with him to get his name written on her hand. I don't know why she refused so firmly, maybe it was a sign of destiny, Maybe because your name was supposed to go on her hand as you were destined to be together. " Sia aunty said.

Raj looked surprised and confused. He looked at me for a few seconds and then looked away.

" Ok, now find your name. " Priya aunty said.

" Later on, mom... I have a meeting. " Raj said.

" Meeting?? Are you out of your mind?? You got married last night. You are not going anywhere, spend some time with Myra. C'mon, find your name now. Show your hand, Myra beta. " His mom said.

I extended my hands for him to see. He looked at my hands.

" Hold her hands to keep them steady, how will you find the alphabet like this? " Priya aunty said.

  He caught my hand and started looking for his name. I felt some kind of sparks where he was holding my hand but could not find it.

He was still looking for it but could not find it so he pulled my hand a bit to have a closer look. He was very close to me now.

What are you doing Raj?  Hurry up, Bhai. Turn her hand a bit. Or check the other one." Ron said.

He pulled my other hand too, hence he was closer to me now,  holding both my hands. I was getting affected by this proximity. My heart was beating faster. My face was red by the time he found out most of the alphabet, only 'V' was left.

I was getting too conscious as everyone was looking at us and  Ruhan winked at us.

Idiot!!

Finally, Raj found it and once he showed it to everyone.

My arm was touching his body. I couldn't even breathe and my body stiffened a bit. He looked at me and realized the fact that we were sitting very very close and released my hands immediately and looked in another direction.

They all clapped and asked us to feed some sweets to each other.

He made me eat a kaju katli ( cashew Barfi) I took just a small bite. And picked up another to feed him. But Sia aunty told me to give him the same one I had tasted. He ate the whole one and got up.

" I got to go for the meeting. " He said.

" You will not go to the office, why did you keep the meeting today? " Aunty said.

" The meeting was fixed last week, I had no idea that I was going to get married or I would not have fixed it. " He said in a somewhat hard tone.

" Ok, fine! Either postpone the meeting or your dad or chachu will take care of it. " Priya aunty said.