Chapter 24

Raj's POV
A few hours ago...

The meeting was over soon as the client had agreed on the terms already so it was a matter of a few hours. So the deal was signed. But I also went out of the office with him, pretending that we still had some more discussion to do.

I didn't want to go home, due to the sudden changes in my life. Everyone was hell-bent to push me in her direction while she was in love with Manik.

Why doesn't my family understand that I was just a substitute husband for her? She was playing with my emotions earlier and chose him over me. Now that he has chosen someone else over her, she would understand my pain.

But what was Ron doing?? Why was he so concerned about her?? 

Didn't he know that she was flirting both with me and Manik at the same time??

Why is he taking her side and why the hell did he say that he could have married her??

Maybe it is not a big deal for him as he is a playboy himself and does the same. So he is not so bothered by that fact.

It may not be an issue for him but it is for me.

I could recall every word of what he said today.

" How does it matter to you if you don't love her? I could have married her. " Ron had said.

" But I didn't want you to suffer in a loveless marriage. So I... "

" So you sacrificed?? Do me a favor, spare me this burden. I forced you to marry her, So I will take her responsibility.  I will take the blame and apologize to her. I hope she would understand and forgive me, and if she doesn't, I will be ready to face any punishment she and her family would decide for me.  Ron said and went away.

What did he mean by what he said??

Does he like her as well??

No!!!

If it was so, why didn't he tell me earlier??

Maybe because he knew that I liked her.

Oh shit!!

But he has never been serious about anyone to date, and I never saw him flirting with Myra.

Oh, he did but I thought that he was doing it out of habit.

If I had not married him that day, he was ready to marry her. Is he really interested in her?

Yes!! Or he would not have said all that.

But why her??

Why not?  My inner voice said.

She is beautiful, hot, sexy, intelligent, elegant, well-educated, and sophisticated.  And every other reason why I got attracted to her.

Oh, no!!

I went on a long drive, to adjust myself to this situation, wanted to understand everything so that I could think about how to deal with the situation.

Of course, I was still attracted to her, only I knew how I spent our wedding night.

And in the morning I woke up and saw her trying to fasten her dress at her back. The silky soft skin of her bare back was on the display and I was tempted to touch it. I got up to go to the washroom as I could not keep sitting there.

She must have been startled by that and she turned immediately making her hair swing into the air and water droplets from them landed on me.

Though they were simple droplets of water, they did feel like some kind of perfume. They attracted me more to her.

I didn't even realize what was she saying, I could just see that her soft pink lips trembled and she said something. She looked so pretty that I was mesmerized by her and just kept looking at her like a love-struck puppy.

Thank God, finally, I came to my senses before I could prove myself as an idiot.

" Are you done, I want to use the washroom now. "  I asked her as formally as I could and she just nodded.

I wiped my face and was going to the washroom when I heard her melodious voice.

" Err... Raj, can you please help me? " She asked hesitantly.

Help? For what??

" In what?? "  I was still thinking about what could she ask for,  but I could not have imagined what was she going to ask.

She turned her back towards me and I was shocked to see the soft silk skin of her bare back so close to me. All I had to do was extend my hand a bit and I could touch her. 

" Can you please fasten these fasteners??  "  She asked hesitantly and I gulped.

Though I wanted to touch her, was still very hesitant as I was not sure if I should do that or not what if I get tempted by this temptress again and fall for her charm one more time?

" Er... I don't know how to do it. Do it yourself. "  I managed to say somehow though I cursed myself immediately.

" I have been trying to do it for the last 5 minutes. Please do it. "
She said and I gulped.

Do it, Raj. It is not a big deal. But I didn't want to get tempted again.

" Why don't you call Roohi, mom, or Chachi to do it? " I said.

" It is such a simple thing, it would look so odd if I call them. Please, it would get awkward. " She said and  I found it to be a lame excuse. I think she wanted me to get attracted to her again as Manik was out of the scene now.

" What is awkward about it, is you could not do it yourself, so you are seeking help. "  I argued.

" Exactly !! That's why I am asking you. They would tease why didn't I ask you to help."  She replied and it was right.

" Fine!!" I said and went closer to her. The mild floral fragrance was making me crazy and I was tempted to caress the soft skin.

I tried to fasten the tiny hooks at the back without touching her skin. But my hands were getting rebellious and one of them did caress her back and I felt some kind of sparks coming off at the point of contact.

She flinched a bit as if she didn't like my touch and I looked at her in the mirror she looked uncomfortable, so I moved back immediately and went into the bathroom.

I should not have touched her, she was engaged to Manik. Maybe they... She must have felt awkward when I touched her. It was not right, I was very embarrassed, she was trying to make things normal but it seems we needed time. Manik's existence was still there between us.

Everyone in the home was teasing me as if Myra and I got married in a normal situation where both of us were madly in love with each other.

It was irritating me even more as nothing was what it should have been like, like how I wanted it to be.

My parents wanted us to go on a honeymoon, but just the thought of going with her was giving me tension. I could not stay away from her while being so close to her.

How could I go on honeymoon with a girl who was in love with my friend?

I could not torture myself like that so I refused to go but then Ron came up with his suggestion as if he was a love guru.

His words were still echoing in my mind. He said he could have married her if I had not. And when I asked him why would he have married her as he didn't even love her, he said that it didn't matter and since she was so pretty, hot, and sexy, he would not have minded it either.

Ughhh!! I was going mad. He can't be attracted to her.

What if he was??

😅😅😅😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Good morning

I will post another chapter today.

Take care, have a nice day.