Chapter 3

Myra's POV
Previous night

" Wow awesome stuff, Myra. I must say everything is beautiful, Manik's family is very excited to have you in their family. Hey, please introduce me to his younger brother. " Reema said.

" He is already in love with someone else. " I replied.

" Oh, bad luck... By the way, did you get any news about Manik?" She asked.

" Not till now. "

" What? This is really something weird... You both are supposed to be getting married tomorrow and he is not even reachable? "  She said adding fuel to my simmering anger.

"Yes, but he is a very responsible man. Let it be. What will you have?" I tried to brush off that conversation.

" Let it be?? How can you let it be?? I am sorry, but don't you think that he has some responsibility towards you as well? It's your wedding tomorrow and your groom is not even in the city. How can he do that? I hope he comes on time for the wedding. But seriously, I don't know, how can you be so cool about it? "  She said.

" Reema, please leave it, he would be back soon, he knows we are getting married tomorrow. "  I said, but I was getting very uncomfortable.

" When did you talk to him last time? "  She asked. But. I didn't answer that.

Don't even ask that... We haven't talked to each other since our engagement. 

" Oh, God!!  I don't know about you, but I am very hungry. I have to eat and sleep early as I don't want any dark circles under my eyes. It is my special day and I wanted to look like the most beautiful bride. "  I said firmly.

" Myra, Manik..." she started another argument but I cut it down.

" He loves me and he would be back to marry me by tomorrow. So just chill and let me enjoy it too."  I said as if I was not at all bothered about Manik's absence. Reema wanted to argue further but then she dropped the idea mercifully.

She went away after all the ceremonies that were held today and I tried to look happy for the sake of my family, but I was not happy.

How could I be happy, if my groom was sharing the home with another girl?? 

He proposed to me to be his girlfriend and I agreed immediately. It really felt good to have someone that all your friends wanted and craved.

Though all his friends were extremely good-looking and filthy rich including my brothers, Manik shah was the richest and sweetest. Very decent, a perfect gentleman.

He wanted me as his girlfriend but he was feeling guilty as it meant that he was about to break the bro code. My brother Viren and cousin Sujal are among his best friends. They have been an inseparable group of 7 incredibly handsome boys.

We knew that my brothers, especially, Viren, would not approve of our relationship, yet he wanted to tell them as he didn't want to hide his feelings from his best friends. But I could not allow him to do so.

I didn't want him to tell anyone at that time as I didn't want them to fight over it and moreover, I wanted to be sure if it was really Manik, I wanted or was just interested in him because he proposed to me or if because others wanted him.

He proposed to me though many girls wanted him as he was loaded. We all belonged to the upper class but Manik was the richer of us all and the sweetest of his friends.

He was very keen to have me as his girlfriend and really wanted our relationship to work though I was not sure of it. But he was taking a lot of effort for that. All my friends were jealous of my good fortune.

Then what happened to him all of a sudden??

Just about a week ago my parents had gone to Surat to meet him and prepone our wedding.

My Nani ma (grandma) was not keeping well and she wanted at least one of her grandchildren to be married before anything happens to her. 

Since Viren was not at all interested in marriage and Mohak was too young to get married, so they wanted me to get married as soon as possible as I was already engaged.

It was she, who has started pushing my parents to start finding a suitable groom for me earlier and everyone started convincing me to get married.

But since Manik had already proposed to me, I was not interested in any other man. According to my friends, he was better than any of my friends could ever manage to get. So I was very happy about the fact that he wanted me.

Manik wanted me earlier but I was shocked to see that the calmest and most composed man I knew, was annoyed with me and didn't want to get engaged but could not refuse that surprise engagement party.

He got angry because we had to get engaged without him knowing about it but then I was surprised that he agreed to prepone our wedding. Where the hell has he gone now??

Was that girl behind the change in his behavior??

Everything was going well, till that girl, Roshni came into his life.

I never liked her as she has always come between us, anybody could see that she wanted Manik in her life.

How could she think of
snatching him from me?

I slipped into slumber thinking all that.

*********
Wedding day...

It was morning, I came out of my room and heard mom saying,
"Megha called up and told me that Manik is safe and is coming back today. "  She was smiling.

Everyone looked relieved to hear that. For the last 3 days, I could see that everyone was tense though they were not saying much.  But now they were smiling genuinely. The excitement level became very high at my place.

Everyone in the family was busy doing something or the other till lunchtime. All the arrangements were immaculate and everything was under control.

We all were having lunch and my cousins Saanjh and Sahaj started teasing me and then my Mamu's children  Mohak, Mohna, and Mehar also joined them. Sujal and Viren were smiling at that.

Just then both of them got messages on their phone and were asked to come to Manik's place along with my parents. Today?? Just now?? Why?

They all were surprised but went to see him.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote comment and follow.

I am writing a short story on Kiss. Will share the link as soon as it is completed. 

Take care and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😍😍