Chapter 39

Myra's POV

The ceremony started and the guests started coming. Priya Aunty asked Raj to come with me.

Raj asked me to come but uncle stopped us and he caught my hand and placed it in Raj's hand.

" Hold her hand and go in. " He said to Raj and he nodded.

We both went in and greeted everyone with folded hands and bent heads they all clapped.

Chachi made me sit on a couch and ladies came one by one and gave me blessings and gifts. I kept smiling all the time. Raj excused himself and went inside as there was no other man in the ceremony.

Some of the women talked and asked awkward questions about our last-minute wedding.

" She is so pretty, why did her fiance leave her like that?? " One of them asked.

" Is there any problem, why did  he marry another girl I heard she was engaged to Manik Shah of Shah Jewels, what happened??"

" Why did you agree to get your son married to her??" Another woman asked Priya Aunty. 

" Is everything alright between Raj and her?? I mean she was supposed to get married to his friend, then all of a sudden... "

" As far as I remember, she and her ex-fiance were having a love marriage, then what could have happened that he didn't come for the wedding? "

" Does she still love Manik Shah because feelings don't change so fast? "

" I must say, it was great of your family and especially Raj to accept her. "  Another lady said.

I was feeling very bad that Kapoor had to hear all these humiliating comments because of me. All this is my fault. 

My eyes were getting moist but I tried my level best not to cry. Priya Aunty placed her arm around me and placed a kiss on my temple.

" Well, you all must be curious about this wedding, let me explain it to you. As we all know that marriages are made in heaven, so this one was also fixed in heaven by god. But being humans, we didn't know about god's plan and fixed a wedding for her but God's plan is always better than humans. So God corrected our plan with his. Her parents are our very good friends and distant relatives of Sia, we were thinking of asking for Myra's hand in marriage for our son Raj but then we got to know that her marriage was fixed but now she is married to my son Rajveer. We are very happy that she is a part of our family now as Myra is not only one of the most beautiful girls in the city, she belongs to a very good family. She is a lovely daughter."  Priya Aunty said. A few tears escape my eyes though my lips were smiling.

After some time, the food was served and Sia Aunty came to me and said, " Myra, beta, you may go in if you want. " I nodded and went in with Roohi.

Raj's POV

Once the ceremony was over, Myra and Roohi came in and I could see that Myra was in a different mood and I could see tears in her eyes. 

What happened to her during the ceremony??

I was planning to ask her but didn't want to bring it to everyone's notice. So decided to wait till we were alone.

All the guests were gone, and Mom and Chachi came in and joined us.

We all were relaxing and Mom asked Myra if she was ok?  She nodded.

" Thank you, Aunty, for everything that you said there. You are the best. I really love you. " She said and hugged my mom. Tears started flowing from her eyes.

What was going on? What happened there, I must ask Roohi  as she was there with them.

" Shhh!! Don't thank me, whatever I said was absolutely right. I do believe in destiny. And if you really love me, can you do something for me?? " Mom asked.

" Of course!! Please say it. " She said.

" Call me, Mom from now on. " Mom said and she smiled and nodded. Mom said something in her ear and she smiled shyly as her cheeks turned red immediately.

Her phone was ringing, she cut it as she was sitting with all of us. But the caller called again. Mom told her to take the call.

" Hello?...... Hi, I am good, how are you?..... Today? Oh, no, actually we had a ceremony at our place and the guests have just left..... Please, dear, try and understand, some other day, please..... Please don't do that. Raj is also very tired, we won't be able to come tonight... What??  You have already invited others??..... I understand they all want to meet Raj and me, but you should have asked me before inviting everyone. "  She was saying.

" What happened Myra?? " Mom asked.

She put the call on hold and replied, " My friends wanted to meet Raj, so my best friend planned a dinner for today and invited all the other friends as well. "

" So, what is the problem?  You both should go there.  "  Mom said.

" But, I have a meeting in the evening," I said.

" Try to postpone the meeting or finish it in time so that you can go out. Would you not go if your friends call you for a dinner all of a sudden?? Myra, tell your friends, you will be there. " Dad said. She looked at mom she nodded.

" Raj? " She asked me.

" Ok! " I said. She smiled and told her friends that we would be coming.

" Happy?? " Dad asked her.

" Yes, thank you, uncle. "

" Uncle?? Cancel the dinner. " Dad said all of sudden.

" Rahul?? What happened?? "

" She called me uncle... "

" So?? I always call you that. "  Myra looked confused.

" But you agreed to call my wife as a mom. So how would it look if you call her as mom and me as uncle? I will go mad or have a heart attack as I am the dad of all her children because mom's husband is dad, not uncle.  " Dad said with a funny face. And Myra gave him a beautiful smile.

" Sure, thank you, Dad. " She corrected herself with another smile.

" My pleasure, beta. " Dad hugged her.

I was still thinking about why was she upset a few minutes ago, and just then the doorbell rang and after a few seconds, Shahs walked in with lots of gifts.

I was a bit surprised as Mehul uncle, Megha aunty, Mahi, and Mihir walked in.

Shit!! Has Manik also come??

I looked at Myra to see her expression, she didn't have any on her but the shy smile she had on her face earlier was not there anymore. She looked a bit tensed.

It would be too awkward if he has also come, but when Manik did not come in for the next few seconds, I relaxed a bit and so did Myra.

What was going on in her mind?

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote comment share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a great day ahead.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😍🥰