Chapter 40

Raj's POV

What was going on in her mind?

Well, at least, She didn't look upset.

Everyone greeted each other. Though my dad originally had a group of five friends, Dad was closest to Mehul uncle.

Ron touched their feet and greeted Mahi with a smile but Mahi ignored him and smiled at me and the others. It was a bit weird.

Roohi and Ruhan went to meet Mihir and Mahi.

I saw Mihir and Ron glaring at each other. Ron thinks that Mihir and Roohi share something more than friendship. So he is always very alert around him. Though Manik assured me that they were just friends, very good friends. Ron and Mihir have always had this explosive relationship between them.

Well, I went to Uncle and Aunty and touched their feet as they had come specially to meet me and my wife. Mom signaled Myra to come too. She also came and touched their feet.

Aunty looked a bit embarrassed but she hugged Myra. 

Then Mehul uncle said, " I am sorry for whatever happened, but I hope, whatever has been done will not spoil our relationship. "

" What are you saying, Mehul, do you want me to punch you in front of our kids?? You are my best friend. And I guess it was meant to be like this as they both loved each other. "  Dad said and embrace him.

" Myra beta, I apologize on behalf of my entire family, but I am happy for you as Raj is a wonderful person. " He said to Myra.

Myra shook her head and folded her hands with a polite smile.

" Pease don't apologize, uncle. It's not your fault. I am happy that they got married as they were in love, whatever happened, happened for the best. Raj is indeed a wonderful person. I feel absolutely at home here. So please, don't feel bad.  " She said and looked at me.

Like really?? She is happy to get married to me?? She looked calm and normal while saying that. 

All of them and especially Mom smiled and appreciated what she said.

"  Raj and Myra, please come and sit here. " Megha Aunty said and we did that. She gave a jewelry box and a few more gifts to Myra but she looked confused.

" Aunty, all this is too much, I can't take all this. " She said.

" Beta, since we could not attend your wedding and Raj is just like our son, I am giving you this as a wedding gift and this is for your moonh dikhayi ceremony. Please accept it.  " Aunty said.

Myra looked at me but I didn't know what to say so she looked at Mom and Mom nodded.

Myra accepted it with a smile and touched her feet.

"  God bless both of you. May god shower all his blessings on you. Be happy. " She said with a smile. Myra smiled and blushed.

" So has Mudit bhai and bhabhi gone back?? " Mom asked Aunty.

" Yes, they went back and took Roshni with them as well. " Megha Aunty said.

What does that mean??

" What?? They took Roshni with them?? Only Roshni?" Mom asked.

" Yes!! She will live in the USA with them for at least 2 years as she is too young to get married and they are not allowed to meet till she completes her studies and is old enough to get married. " Aunty replied.

Oh!! Poor them. I felt bad for them. They are in love and just after getting married, they are supposed to live separately.

" Don't you think, that is a bit too harsh? For god's sake, they were married only a few days back. " Mom said.