Chapter 50

Raj's POV

I rushed to Ron's room and barged into it.

" Hey, what happened?? "

" I told you I need to talk to you.

"  You really want to talk to me right now?? Don't you think, you should spend time with your wife at this hour of the night? Her hand got hurt today, go and help her. "  Ron said.

" Don't tell me what am I supposed to do with my wife. I need to clear up a few things with you. "

" Can't it wait?? It has been a long day. " 

" No!! "  I shook my head.

" Ok, shoot!! "  He said.

" What are you up to??" 

" What are you talking about? "  He looked confused.

" You know very well, what am I saying, don't try to act. Why did you go to that party like me? I have been trying to talk to you since that day but didn't get the chance.  Don't you think, you are taking up my place quite frequently and without talking to me first?  " I asked.

" What do you mean?? " He got serious all of a sudden.

" Why did you go to that party to meet her friends yesterday? Were you invited there? Why this sudden interest in acting as me?? " I asked sarcastically.

" Oh, please... I have absolutely no interest in filling up the place for you, Recently, I have been doing it to save the reputation of our family and you. I have to act like you because you are not being yourself. "  He said.

"  What right do you have to do that? Even that day you went to her place and acted like you were Raj. Why?? " I was almost yelling.

"  Have you lost your memory? I told you why I did that. They all were expecting you... And addressed me as Raj. The moment I stepped in, their disappointed faces lit up. Though I thought about correcting them Viren said that everyone has been waiting for you, I thought you were stuck somewhere or would have come there in time. I didn't want them to think that you didn't bother enough about their feelings to come there on time. "  He replied.

" I didn't want to go, but I am not irresponsible, I knew that I had to go there. So I was bound to go whether I wanted to go or not. You didn't have to jump in. " I said.

" It was very rude of you to come there so late, Raj.  I was there at the time,  but I just could not say that I am Ron the way Viren explained how Myra was waiting for you."  He said.

" Did you do it for Myra? "  I asked. He looked at me weirdly.

" Yes, for her too.  Viren told me that she was getting very tense that you hadn't come there till then. But the main reason why I did it was for you, her family and ours too. After the way you reacted in the morning, I thought that you may not come there. You were not picking up any phone calls and even your phone was not reachable, so there was a chance that you would not come.  I had to act like you, to save the new relationship between our families and our friends. They would have thought that you are not happy with the marriage and didn't want to honor it. "  Ron said.

" Ok, fine, maybe what you did that day was fine but what about  yesterday?? Does she even know that she was introducing her brother-in-law as her husband?? What has got into you? It is not a game, Ron. I am not enjoying it. " I said what has been bothering me for the last few days?

" I am not enjoying it either, but what has got into you? Please calm down!! " He said.

" Is there any other reason for your act? " I asked.

" What do you want to say? "  He looked confused.

" Tell me something, would you have really married Myra, if I had not?? "  I asked. He was shocked and kept looking at me.

"  Maybe! "  He said after thinking for a few seconds.

What ??

" Why?? "  I yelled at him.

" You know why?? Manik married Roshni, and..."  He was saying but I stopped him.

" I know all that, but why would you have married her of all the people?? "  I asked.

" What do you mean?? I am already very tired, come to the point." He said.

" Do you like her? "  I asked directly, as I was burning with jealousy the way they both were.... behaving so friendly at the party.

" What are you asking,  she is your wife... "  He said looking at me weirdly.

" Tell me, do you like her?? " I asked again in a higher tone. 

" She is a part of my family now. I have to like her. "  He replied.

For god's sake, why can't you answer me directly?? Why these vague and indirect answers?

" Ron, tell me why did you want to get married to her? "  I was getting tensed.

" I didn't want to get married to her, I wanted you to get married to her as I know that you have always liked her. I was just trying to bring you back with the girl you wanted. "  He said.

" Yes, I like her and I wanted to get married to her earlier.  But I didn't want a woman who was in love with another man just 3 hours ago."  I said.

He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

" I thought you loved her and did what was best for you according to me. Now tell me what you want?? "  He asked looking into my eyes.

" You are asking me now?? " I asked.

" Ok, if you think that I spoilt your life. I am ready to take the blame. Tell me if you don't want to be tied in this marriage, and I will talk to everyone. " He said.

" What may I know would you talk about?? How are you going to get me out of this now??  " I asked sarcastically. 

Not That I wanted to get out of my marriage now or at any point in time. But I was annoyed with him.

" I would tell them it was me who was dressed as you and got married because I thought that you were in love with her but was angry with her at the moment for choosing Manik over him. So Myra is my responsibility, not yours.  " He said.

I punched him, how could he say that??

Myra was married to me, not him. She is mine...

"What is your problem now?? " He asked. 

" Ron!! Come to your senses. Do you even know what are you saying?? "  I yelled.

" I know but if you don't want to accept her as your wife, then I have no other choice. I messed up your life by getting you married to her so this is my solution. "  He said and shrugged.

" You idiot, this is not some stupid swapping game we have been playing since childhood. You can't simply say that it was you who got married to her. It's a sin, she is my wife now, and we both took vows in front of holy fire. We are tied in this marriage with all the rituals."  I said and he burst out laughing.

Laughing?? Like seriously?

🤭🤭😉😉😉🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😉😉😉😉🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😉

Hello