Chapter 18

Raj's POV

She was kind of uncomfortable and I didn't know what to say to make her comfortable, but we would have to be comfortable if we have to share the room.

I just cleared my throat and said, " I understand that you are not happy with this marriage, but now we are married and can't get out of it. We got married for our families and they would get hurt if we are unhappy. So try to behave normally for their sake. You can live your life the way you want it and I will do the same. I will not interfere in yours and I expect the same from you... It has been a very long and tiring day, you must be very tired so please be comfortable and take a rest."

" Raj..."  She said but I didn't want to talk to her right now.

" Myra, please not right now, it has been a very long, tiring, and stressful day. Can we please talk later, I have a migraine. "  I said.

" Yeah, sure... Please take some medicine. "  She said with concern.

Concern??

I must say she is a good actress. She looked shy earlier now concerned.  Do I have to spend my whole life with this fake woman?

There was no option so I shook my head and went to the washroom and changed into my night suit.

When I came out she was removing her jewelry. I settled myself on the couch. She removed all of them and kept them on the dressing table.

Her luggage was lying near her wardrobe, she opened one of them and took out a towel and a silk night suit and went to change into them. I could not sit on the bed when it was decorated like this so decided to sleep on the couch, I closed my eyes to avoid talking to her any further.

I didn't want to argue about who will sleep on the bed. She was a girl and was a guest... I mean new here so she must sleep in the bed.

She came back to the room and saw me sleeping on the couch. She called my name softly but I did not react. She tried again in a bit louder voice but I did not even stir as I could not dare to sleep in the same bed with her.

She removed all the petals from the bed and kept them on the side table. However angry I was, I  could not help watching her with my eyes just slightly open. The room was getting chilled so she took one of the blankets and covered me with it.

Really?? Is she trying to impress me??

Then she took one of the pillows and by picking my head very carefully she inserted it under my head as if trying not to wake me up.

What surprised me the most was that she even pressed my head a bit.

Though I kept pretending to be in a deep slumber, I loved the feel of her long delicate fingers touching my head.

What was wrong with me, why was I enjoying something she did??

I must sleep... It must be because of the fact that I was very tired. I must sleep before I go insane.

She kept sitting there on the bed and slept in that position itself. After about an hour, I got up from the couch and made her lie in the bed properly. But she turned and caught my hand and placed it under her head.

My hand was between her neck and shoulder now and her hair was caressing my arm. I was getting weird feelings as her soft skin was against my hand and her warm breath on my arm was melting my resistance. I was tempted to get into the bed and hold her properly.

But I could not do so, in the end, I sat down near her and kept looking at her.

She was looking beautiful... But I controlled myself and reminded myself of her betrayal and that I should not be affected by her charm now. She took me to be an absolute fool and cheated Manik as well as me. Now that Manik doesn't want her, she wants me.