Chapter 44

Raj's POV

" Why did you agree to marry me?? Did Viren, Sia Chachi, or your parents force our alliance on you when it was proposed earlier? "  I said with my back turned to her.

" No Raj, no one forced anything on me they suggested I meet a guy without telling his name. I could not tell about Manik to anyone till I was sure that he was the one I wanted to spend my whole life with. But When I came to know it was you, I wanted to meet you as I have always liked you."  She said.

Liar!! She never showed interest in me. I have been watching her forever.

" Please don't lie now. You are saying that now because Manik is not available to marry you. Don't worry, as it is, we are already married now. So there is no use in saying all that. "  I said rudely.

"  Raj, please don't say that... can I please have that old sweet Raj back. The one who cared for me... "  She said and I could feel that her voice trembled a bit.

" Sorry, he is lost forever, even I am looking for that innocent man who was so stupid that he didn't even know that the girl with whom he was planning to spend his life, was dating someone else at the same time. " 

I didn't want to say it but could not control myself as I have been bottling up my emotions for too long.

She looked upset and embarrassed.

" It was not like that... I know it seems wrong. But it was not like this, I had already gone on two dates with Manik by then. He was behaving as if he liked me a lot but somehow I was not sure if I really wanted to go ahead in that relationship. He wanted to tell everyone about us, but I didn't want that because my heart was not into it and I didn't want to increase the complications till I was sure." She replied.

There is a point in it...

" When were you going to be sure and how? How long have you been dating him? "  I asked.

" C'mon Raj, I met him just twice and both the date were very awkward initial ones, we were not even friends by that time and then he went to Surat.  We were supposed to meet for our third date on the day when his grandfather expired. But of course, it never happened.  How could I be sure about him on just two awkward dates? "  She said.

Only two awkward dates??

" So what was the plan??  "  I asked.

" And then my family introduced me to you and I really liked you. I got confused because I was more comfortable with you than with him. Yes, I was his girlfriend but we had just started dating and he was shifting to Surat. I was not sure of my relationship with him because I didn't want a long-distance relationship. How could we get to know each other staying so far off? On other hand, you and I were meeting here occasionally, and every time I felt that our connection strengthened even more."  She said.

" And still you could not tell me about it. "  I asked bluntly.

"  Yes, I could not, but I had my reasons for that. The first one was that I was not sure if I wanted him or you to be my life partner. Though he was my boyfriend, I liked you more and my family also wanted me to marry you. The second reason was that I had not even told my brother, how could I tell you?? To be frank, I also got insecure that you might back out, as Manik was your friend. " She said looking into my eyes.  Somehow I wanted to believe her.

" You are saying that you were confused in choosing between us? " I confirmed.

" I knew that I was getting inclined towards you, and I had already started giving hints to Manik that I was not liking that long-distance relationship and was not happy with how things were going on but he kept insisting that he would make every effort to make it work and he did that too. I told him, I felt that I didn't even know him so how can I be sure if we don't even meet? " She said.