Chapter 8

Rajveer's POV

" What will you do?? "  I asked him.

" I will marry Myra. " 

" WHAT?? " I said but he kept walking away.

" Stop!! Ron!! What did you just say?? "

" I said that I am going to get married to her. "

Has he lost it?

" What? Why? "  I rushed to him and held his arm.

" Because our parents and Chachi have promised Viren's dad, that you would get married to her. "  He said and I was shocked.

"  What the hell!! Why??"

" Because only a few hours are left for the wedding and half of the city has been invited to the wedding. All her family members are going mad. They are so affected that something might happen to someone. Only I know how Shaurya, Shlok, and I managed to get Viren and Sujal out of Manik's home. So dad offered that if you are ok with it, they can get both of you married to save their faces in front of the whole society and the media. "  He explained.

" But why? Why me? "  I asked out of frustration.

" Because you wanted to get married to her. "  He replied.

" Wanted to... I don't want to get married to her just because she was jilted at the altar. What about my feelings?? "  I snapped.

" It is not just because she is... C'mon, Raj, you know you like her," he argued.

" But she chose him over me at that time, I felt like a fool that she even let me kiss her and kissed me back with something that showed that we had something between us and then I was shocked when she kissed him as well on the same day. How would you explain that?"  I retorted.

" How can I explain that? Ask her!! "  He said.

" She chose him then, so why should I get married to her now?"  I said.

" Ok, but our parents have already promised to help them. So if you are not going to get married to her, then I am. "  He said calmly.

What the hell! No!! He can't marry her.

"Are you out of your mind?  "  I almost yelled at him.

" No, you are. You are so angry that you are not understanding the situation. "

" I don't care for her. "

" You do!! And you care about our friends and what dad promised. "

" Don't make me emotional, I will not get married to her and neither would let you do it. I don't care what dad said. As it is, he said if Raj is ready... If! If!!! So I am not ready. "

" But I am. "

" Why??? And dad talked about me not you. "

" I will pretend that I am you and would marry as Raj. You keep sitting here while you would be getting married there. By the time you are done with this sulking, you would be married to her.  " He said.

WHAT?? That is pure madness. I knew he would do something out of the box.

" What the hell !! That is the worst thing I have ever heard. Have you completely lost it? If you go there as Raj,  it would still be you, not me who would get married.  "  I tried to put some sense into his mind.

" No, I will do what needs to be done. You are angry at the moment but will repent later if this opportunity is lost because you like her.  I will stand in for you. I will pretend to be you. Your name will be joined with her in marriage. "  He argued.