Chapter 34

Raj's POV

Everyone clapped and this time we came back to our table and joined others. They all praised and teased us for all the romantic moves.

The food was served and we started having food but my mind was preoccupied with her thoughts. I was still thinking of how I had felt when she was in my arms, and my siblings, friends, and family teased us mercilessly. But I was enjoying it as she was looking beautiful blushing at their teasing.

She was blushing because of me??

As usual, everyone told us to feed each other. But I liked it when she did that.

Somehow, I ate a lot, without realizing it, all I was aware of was, how she was making me eat food.   Mom teased me that I was enjoying being pampered by Myra so I was eating more, and everyone laughed at me.

" No!! It's not like that. " I shook my head.

" Ok, then eat with my hand too. " Mom said and offered me food I ate that too. But they all wanted to make me eat something or the other to prove that I didn't overeat just because she was feeding me. 

" Wait! Stop it!  I was feeling hungry, that's why I ate. But now I am too full. Can't even have a drop of water. "

Viren gave us two bowls of desserts to us and told us that we need to finish them among ourselves.

" She kept feeding you, and You kept eating like a king, she is your wife, take care of her too. She loves both of these, so make her eat them, you have to finish it, if she can't eat it, you have to."

"This is so much, I can't eat it. " Myra said.

" I don't know, it is a food dare, and since we are celebrating your wedding today. You will have to take this dare. " He said. The rest of them clapped at that.

The first one was full of hot melt-in-mouth gulab jamuns and the second one was a hot brownie with scoops of ice cream.

Myra was enjoying herself, looking absolutely normal to me. It didn't seem that she was upset that she had to marry me. She didn't seem to be missing Manik. Was she not in love with him?

I offered her some of it and she ate half of it when I scooped out another spoon full of dessert for her and she shook her head. 

" Enough!! I can't. " She said.

" No, don't listen to her, she is just very health conscious so not eating properly. Make her eat all of it. "  Viren said.

" Myra!! " I said but she looked at me and shook her head.

" No, please Raj. I can't even think of eating it, I will get sick, Please, Raj, can you finish it? We need to complete this dare. " She said with a puppy face.

How could I say no to her while she asked like that?

I nodded and started finishing it.

" You are whipped man. Looking helpless in front of your wife. I would have never done anything that my wife would have said. " Viren said.

" I would love to throw this on your face one day, Viren. " Ron teased Viren.

" Let's see... " He said with a smile.

" Though we have planned their reception for next week, we have Myra's moonh dikhayi ceremony tomorrow at home as everyone has been saying that we didn't invite them to the wedding and they wanted to meet her. Please do come." Mom said to Maya aunty.

"  Wow! That is amazing, but my mom is not very well, she wants me and Mohit to take her to our old Nani's home. She will get very upset if I cancel the program now. So I am sorry, I will not be able to come. "

" It's ok, parents come first, we should have consulted you before fixing the date.  Don't worry, just go with your mom. I will send you lots of pictures.

We all went home, mom, Chachi, and Myra went to their rooms and dad asked us to check if all the arrangements were impeccable for the moonh dikhayi. We made the inquiries and everything was going as per schedule.

The food was being catered by Sujal's hotel, so we were sure that the taste and quality would be awesome.

Decoration would start early in the morning. Once dad was assured, we all went to our rooms.

The moment I stepped into the room, everything froze. Myra was standing in front of the dressing area and was combing her long hair with a brush.

Her hair was resting on her left shoulder, and she kept brushing them lost in her thoughts. She was wearing a black night dress with a very deep almost non-existent back.

Shit!!

She looked beautiful, all I could think of was taking her in my arms and keeping her locked there forever.

I came in, went to the washroom, and changed into my nightsuit. It was going to be a very long night as I was in a strange mood, was feeling good that we danced together and yet was tensed that   I was getting attracted to her like a moth is towards a flame.

I slipped between the sheets and pretended to be asleep. After some time I felt the bed dip a bit and she came to bed too. I was getting uncomfortable as I wanted her but was uncertain about how to act on the feelings.

The attraction I was feeling for her was intense and potentially dangerous or self-destructive like a moth's attraction to a flame can be fatal.

A sense of longing, frustration, and internal conflict were making me go crazy but I can't have her because of my sense of morality.

One possible course of action could be to have an open and honest conversation with her about this for us. I had read somewhere that communication is key in any relationship, and by sharing my thoughts and emotions, I may be able to gain a better understanding of Myra's thoughts.

I was not sure what was going on in her mind, she was not upset that she got married to me, not even sad or seemed to miss Manik. She is my wife now, I  should clear all the misunderstandings between us.

I can not pressure her into doing anything she is not comfortable with but I am going mad being in the same room.

If she is not in love with Manik as it seems, I must navigate my desires in a way that is respectful, compassionate, and communicative towards her.

********

Myra's POV

The soft and warm sunlight was coming into the room through the gaps between the curtains. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see that Raj's arm was draped around my waist and he was holding me from the backside.

My heartbeat increased and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. It was a very nice feeling and I was enjoying the way he was holding me.

But he didn't want to even talk to me. I got annoyed as soon as I recalled how had he behaved last to last night and decided to get out of bed before he woke up, or he would say that I came closer to him.

I removed his arm carefully and tried to get up but winced in pain, " Ouch!! "

What the hell!!

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨😉😉😉😉😍😍😍😍🤣🤣🥰❤️❤️

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.  Your appreciation and active participation keeps me going.

Take care of yourself and have a great day ahead.

Thanks
Chhavi 💓💓💞