Chapter 22

Myra's POV

After taking a quick shower, I decided to wear a nice western evening dress but as per the suggestion of my mom, mami, and Sneha aunty, I wore a traditional dress and applied some light makeup.

I went out and saw that Raj had not come till now.  Where was he?? His meeting could not take so much time to wind up. Was he avoiding me??

Everyone was waiting for him to come. Roohi and Ruhan tried to call him and just then the doorbell rang and he walked in.

" Hey, Raj!!! We have been waiting for so long and tried calling you so many times, but it was unreachable. See Myra has been looking at the door since evening. " Viren rushed to him and embraced him.

" Er... sorry Viren, actually I tried telling the client a few times that I needed to go but you see, some clients are a bit difficult to handle. I could not let the deal go off my hands as it was my first independent project. " Raj said.

" So did you crack the tough nut? "  Viren asked.

" Yeah... Otherwise, I would not have wasted so much time. The deal is signed. " He smiled.

" Great!! Come, everyone has been waiting for you, especially our Myra. She has looked at the watch and door, more times than she must have blinked. " Viren said and everyone laughed making me embarrassed but Raj just looked at me and gave me a smile that looked a bit sad.

He came in, touched the feet of my parents, and greeted everyone with love and a big smile.

" Thank God, you have come, Myra di was missing you a lot," Saanjh said. Roohi and Saanjh caught his hands and pulled him to me.

" Isn't she looking very pretty?" Saanjh asked.

"  Yes! Very pretty. " Raj said. He said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

" And what about my brother, bhabhi?? Isn't he looking very handsome? " Roohi asked.

"Yes, he is. " I said.

" Thanks, you are looking very beautiful today. " He said and I heard a few whistles.

" Bhai, where is Ron bhai, now his phone is ringing but he is not picking up the call. " Ruhan asked.

" He has gone to do something chachu had assigned him to do. He may come later on. "  Raj said.

The snacks were being served. Everyone was enjoying and he looked perfectly at ease with everyone and took the teasing with a smile. The dinner was about to be served just when the doorbell rang.

A servant went to open the door and Ron walked in.

" Hey, Ron!! Finally, you have arrived.  What took you so long? We all were missing you. "

" I.. .I was stuck somewhere.  R.Raj has arrived?? "  He asked.

" Yes, Raj came about an hour ago. " Viren said.

" Oh, ok!! " He walked in and greeted everyone. He looked at me and then at Raj with a weird expression on his face.

What happened to him now?? I didn't like him much because he was blunt, but he was my family now. And he loves Raj a lot, so must start liking him too.

" Hey, Raj. I am surprised that you have already reached here. I mean... the meeting was going on and on. "

" Yeah, but as soon as I could, I came here, everyone was waiting for so long. I saw that my phone had 20+ missed calls. " Raj said.

"I need to talk to you, Raj. " Ron said in a very serious tone.

" Later on, Ron. He is your brother and stays in the same home as you. But he has come to our place as our son-in-law, for the first time, let us spend some time with him. " Dad said and he nodded.