Chapter 5

Myra's POV

" Myra, tell me were you really in love with Manik or you liked Raj?? " Viren said holding my shoulders.

There was no point in lying, he is my brother and is worried about me.

" I really don't know, but I am not sad that my wedding got canceled. In fact, I am sorry to say that I am a bit relieved.  Lately, I have been thinking that maybe we should not have been engaged. But it is very humiliating to be jilted at the altar like that. "  I said.

" You are saying that you are not in love with Manik?  " Viren asked with a shocked expression.

" Y.yes! " I said hesitantly.

" And you were wishing that you were not engaged to him?" Sujal asked.

" Kind of. " I accepted looking at the floor.

" Do you like Raj?? "  Ron asked.

I was still thinking about what to answer when my parents and Sujoy chachu and Mohit mamu walked in along with the Shah family. Shahs' looked apologetic and my family was angry and tensed.

" Mom... Dad?? "  I said looking at them.

" Beta, you come with me... " Srusti Mami  said.

" I need to talk to her, Mami. " Viren said.

" No, Viren. Not right now. " She held my hand and took me to another room.

" Mami, what is going on?? Manik..."

" Forget about Manik. He married another girl. But you don't have to think about all this. "  She hugged me and patted my back. I have always loved her.

" But... Half of the city was invited to the wedding. What would they say to people... Media?? They all are so tense.  " I said as I was feeling bad for my family. 

" We all will take care of that... Don't worry. You take a rest. Do you want to eat or drink anything?? " Mami said.

" No, mami!!" I said. She went out.

What have I done?? I should have gone with what my parents had planned for me.

I was trying to be strong, but tears started flowing from my eyes. It all was happening because of me.

I should not have been so stubborn. I knew that Manik got annoyed on our engagement, he didn't want to get engaged that day. And on top of that, we preponed the wedding without discussing it with him. I should have talked to him face to face and broken that engagement.

There was so much chaos and confusion everywhere. The relationship between the families and friends was tarnished all because of me, as I could not decide, whom did I want in my life, Manik or Raj. And the irony was that now none of them was in my life.

I was really upset and kept thinking about Roshni... I still remember the day when she stepped into our lives and spoilt everything for me.

Flashback

It was new years eve and we all reached Sujal's hotel.

Everyone was there and as usual, all boys were ogling at me.  I was standing with my friends, Manik came to us and smiled.  I gave him a sexy smile.

" Hi, beautiful girls!! You all are looking even better today. "  Manik said and teased saanjh a lot as she was the youngest of all so we treat her like a kid sister.

Then he gave an excuse to get me away from them.
" Myra, I wanted to give some surprise to Viren as his birthday is coming, can you please, come with me?? "  He asked