Chapter 18: Lowee - Controlled

Начните с самого начала

As Underling said that, Rom stood in front of her and aimed her staff at White Heart.

"R-Rom!?"

Seeing the two struggling about how to solve the riddle placed in front of them, the underling began to laugh.

"Ah man, this is so awesome! I get to destroy Lowee AND see the CPUs kill each other!"

"You think this is a joke? Making family fight one another!?" Asked Alex to the underling.

"I'm getting a real laugh outta it, that's for sure!" Said Underling.

This current situation really struck a personal accord with Alex, as he struggled to keep his emotions in check before he took a deep sigh, collecting his thoughts and calming down.

"I see…Then answer me something."

Underling opened her eyes and looked at Alex, whose eyes were closed.

"Rom's stopping Blanc from killing you…" He said as he unsheathed his sword before opening his eyes to look at the underling, pointing his sword at her."But who's stopping me from doing that?"

"Eh?"

Seeing the angered eyes, Underling's expression paled as she took a step back.

She could tell those were the eyes of someone willing to kill her in a way that would definitely hurt like hell without any qualms or regrets.

Truth to be told, even White Heart sweat dropped when seeing Alex's eyes.

She did say she'd kill Underling, but probably would just beat her senseless, then lock her up or something after cooling off.

'Holy crap, this kid's seriously going to kill me if I stay here!' She thought while sweat dropping.

Staying would surely get her killed, and even if she survived, Trick would get her head for losing Rom.

Without much time to think Underling quickly turned her head and looked at Rom, deciding to do what she did best.

"Hey you, we're getting out of here! Move it!"

"Yes."

Underling quickly turned tail and ran away with Rom following her.

"The hell do you think you're going!?" Said White Heart while she and Alex ran after them.

Suddenly, Rom turned around to face them and raised her staff, creating a barrier of ice that blocked their path.

White Heart easily destroyed the barrier with a hit or two but that gave Underling and Rom enough time to gain some distance, disappearing among the smoke and destruction they caused early.

"Damn it! Where did they go!?" Shouted White Heart.

Unfortunately, the two had lost track of them as they decided to return to the castle for now.

[The Next Day]

White Heart flew while holding Alex's arm who, although was hanging at a very high altitude, didn't feel vertigo or fear since he could feel her holding his forearm tightly.

While flying, the young man recalled the conversation they had with Mina after returning to the castle last night.

"Brainwashing a CPU!? That's a capital offense!" She said with indignation after hearing about what happened.

"Those ASIC bastards don't care about laws. They only care about tearing the world apart." Said White Heart, feeling infuriated.

"Why brainwash a CPU tough?" Asked Alex, who now had cooled off a bit.