Chapter 54

Previously on Chapter 53

I know I'm a bad brother, Y/N... but I hope someday you can let me explain myself to you. I hope you'd forgive me afterwards and we can be the brother and sister like we used to be. And I hope you'll always remember that no matter what... you will always be my precious little sister.

-We Have To Get Out Of Here-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly pull away from Chrome to once I'm a lot calmer. Chrome stares at me worriedly. "Are you feeling better now?" He asked. I give him a small smile and nod my head. "Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yeah... I'm fine now" I said. He hums softly and nod his head. Even though he still looks unconvinced. But he did not pester me any further. I scoot closer to him and place a quick kiss on his lips. "I'm telling you... I'm okay. You don't have to worry too much" I said.

"Okay... if you say so" he said. I smile softly at him. I turn my head to look outside, and I could have sworn I see a shadow moving away. "Is there something wrong? What are you looking at?" Chrome asked. I turn my head to look at him.

"No... nothing" I said. He raises an eyebrow at me. But in the end, he just nod his head and didn't question me any further. I glance at the spot again to see nothing. There's no sign of anything that was there before. What was that?

"Are you sure, Y/N?" Chrome asked. I turn my head to look at him. I smile softly and nod my head. He hums at my reaction. He move towards the bamboo bars that overlooks outside. "We have got to find a way out of here..." he said, in a hushed voice. I move to sit down next to him.

"You're right. We have to get out of here. We can't count on hoping to be rescued... they will be in danger if they come here" I said, placing my hand on the bamboo. I bit my lips as I try to think of a way to escape. But no matter how hard I try, my mind just can't think of any way that'll help us escape. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Chrome. "It's starting to get late... we should probably get some sleep. We have to keep energized if we want to escape" I said.

"You're right... we should" he said, turning to look at me. He moves away from the bamboo bars. I follow him as he lay down on the ground. "Come here" he said, patting his arm as a sign that he wants me to use his arm as a pillow.

I lay down on his arm. He wrap his free arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. I place my head near his neck as he run his hand through my hair with his free hand.

"Goodnight, Chrome..." I said, snuggling closer to his side. I feel a gentle kiss being placed on the side of my head. I tilt my head slightly to look at him. He smiles softly at me. I smile and gently kisses his cheek.

"Goodnight, love" he said. I move a little so I can place my head against his chest. He tighten his arms around me, making me feel safe and secure. My eyes starts to feel a little heavy, so I close them. My breathing evened out as I slowly drift off to sleep.

***

I wake up to the sound of talking. I look around in daze, until my eyes landed on Chrome who's staring outside. He looks angry about something. I move next to him and notice a man outside. He have orange hair that looks so messy.

I turn my head slightly and notice there's quite a lot of traps set around the prison area. My eyes widened at the sight of those traps. This is bad... if Senku comes here, he will be the one getting hurt.

I turn my head to look at Chrome to see him glaring at the man. "What's going on?" I asked. Chrome turn his head to look at me. He looks really upset. I frown at the sight of the clear annoyance on his face. I turn to look at the man. "Who're you? And what did you do to make my husband looks so upset?" I asked.

"The name's Yo. I'm just stating the obvious that your husband here... is just a caveman. Such a primitive guy. Why do you even bother to be with someone like him. Aren't you one of the modern people? Just dump him and he with me. What do you say, hmm?" He said. My eyes widened at what he said. I clench my hands into tight fists at how he talks bad about Chrome.

"How dare you... come at me, you jerk! I'll take you on!"Chrome said, holding onto the bamboo while glaring angrily at the man. I place my hand on his shoulder. He turn his head to look at me.

"I'll handle it... okay?" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He moves away from the bar. He leans his back against the rocky wall and crosses his arms across his chest, with a grumpy expression. I smile softly at him.

I turn my head to look at the man. "You wanna know what I think?" I asked. The man nods his head eagerly. I gesture him to come closer with my finger. He did as I told. He turn his head to the side as if he wants to listen to what I have to say. With a swift movement, I grab onto his shirt.

"I think that's the stupidest, most ridiculous idea I have ever heard! No matter what you do... you will NEVER reach Chrome's level. He's way ahead of you in all kinds of things, buddy!" I spat. I pull him towards me, which causes him to slam his body against the bamboo bar. I push him harshly, which makes him fall on the ground.

He looks stun for a few moments. He stands up and glares at me. "You're going to regret that..." he hissed angrily at me. I just smirk at what he said.

"Oooh~ I'm scared..." I mocked. He clicks his tongue and turns around, stomping away. "So long, sissy!" I said, waving my hand gleefully. He groans at the nickname I just gave him. He turns to glare at me again. I stick my tongue out at him, mocking him.

"What's sissy?" Chrome asked. I turn to look at him and whisper it into his ear. He burst out laughing at what I explained to him. "He sure is one!" He said, making sure to be loud for that man to hear. I let out an amused giggle when I see that man practically fuming over our insults.

At least we're still able to find something fun even in this situation. But no matter what, we need to find a way to escape. With that trap set out, it won't be safe for Senku and the others to barge in here.

We have to get out of here without their rescue. We're the one who needs to save the Kingdom of Science from these traps. I will make sure we escape this prison... by all means necessary.

*to be continued*