Chapter 52

Previously on Chapter 51

Nii-Chan have changed. He's not the man he used to be. He was kind and gentle. But he's not like that anymore. He's different... I don't know him anymore. And now, he's putting the man I love in danger.

What should I do?

-Imprisonment-

Y/N P.O.V

"Join us, Y/N... maybe if you join us, it will persuade him to do the same" Nii-Chan said, turning to look at me over his shoulder. I stare at him for a while, and turn my head to look at Chrome. He's doing his best to turn to look at me from his position.

"Don't listen to him... you belong with us. You belong to the Kingdom of Science!" He said. My eyes soften at what he said. He is right. I've been with the Kingdom of Science from the start. I love science long before the petrification. There's no way I would betray it for such a selfish deed.

"Silence! Do not forget that I still hasn't given you my blessing to marry my sister!" Nii-Chan barked angrily, as he start to shake Chrome again. Chrome yelped as he starts to move side to side.

"Stop it!!" I yelled out. I struggle to break free, but Tsukasa's grip is pretty firm. No matter how hard I try to get out of his grip. He just wouldn't budge.

"You still choose their side, Chrome? Even though you're at death's door" Tsukasa said, while still holding onto my hoodie to make sure I don't interfere as he try to persuade Chrome.

"I'd rather die than join you... go ahead and drop me. It will only make your sister hates you more" he said, with a smirk. Nii-Chan glance at me after he said that. I stare at him with a pleading gaze, begging him to not drop him. But he disregard that and drop Chrome. I shake my head as I watch my husband free falling.

"No! Chrome!!" I yelled out. Tsukasa finally releases me, allowing me to run forward. I kneel down by the cliff and watch as Chrome keeps falling. "Chrome!!" I screamed out as tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Tsukasa throwing a large tree. The tree gets stuck on the other side and Chrome lands right on top of it. I let out a soft sigh of relief. At least he's alright.

"Ukyo-Kun... where did you find these two?" Nii-Chan asked, turning to look at the guy who brought us here. I froze at what he said. What if he told them he found us by the grave. They'd figure out and find the cell phone. This is bad!

"I found them by the cave. They must be looking for the miracle fluid..." he said. I furrow my eyebrow at what he said. He turn to look at me and smiles. He lied to them... but why?

***

One of the Tsukasa's men pushes me into a cell. I turn around as Chrome protest and struggles to be let free. They toss him forward. I rush to catch him so he won't hurt himself.

"Chrome..." I said, relieved that he's alright. He just wrap his arms around me. I bury my face into the crook of his neck, tightening my arms around him. I'm afraid that they might try to split us up again.

"It's okay, Y/N... I'm here" Chrome said, in a comforting voice. He gently runs his hand through my hair. I just hug him tighter. I was so scared. He almost died. If Tsukasa hadn't thrown that tree, he would have fallen to his death.

"I was so scared, Chrome... when I witnessed you falling. I thought that I won't be able to see you again" I said. My voice cracked as I start to cry softly, while clutching onto the front of his shirt.

"But I'm still here, Y/N... and I'm alright" he said, in a comforting tone. I pull away slightly to look at him. He lift his hand and gently cup the side of my cheek. He gently wipe the tears from my cheek. "Now now, love... don't cry" he said.

"I'm just so scared to lose you, Chrome... I love you so much" I said. He shake his head. He lean his forehead against mine. I close my eyes as I try to control my emotion.

"You won't lose me... we'll be alright. We'll get out of this together, okay?" He said. I just smile and nod my head. I scoot closer to his side and bury my face into the crook of his neck.

Time-skip

By the time the sky starts to get darker. Someone walks up to the cell. I pull away from Chrome and turn to look at the person. Chrome move so he's sitting in front of me protectively.

"Hyoga-Sama asked for the girl. So we have to take her with us" one of them said. Chrome turn his head to look at me over his shoulder. He turn to look at the man.

"What did he want with her?" He asked. The men didn't say anything and just walks up to us. One of them pushes Chrome out of the way. Since his body is a lot smaller, he gets pushed over easily. He falls on the ground.

"Chrome! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yelled out, turning my head to look at the man who hurts him. I stand up and rush to Chrome. I kneel down next to him. "I don't want to talk to Hyoga. So just leave!" I said, glaring at them.

"Sorry, but you don't have a say in this. We're only doing what we're told to" one of them said. He turn his head to look at the others. They nod their heads, understanding what he want. They walks up to me and grabs my wrists.

"Hey, let go of me!!" I yelled out, struggling to break free from their grips. I hear a loud yell and turn my head to Chrome. He's struggling to come towards me, but the others are holding him back.

He'll be restless if he sees me panicking. I have to be strong for him. I let myself calm down and try not to show him that I'm panicking. I stop struggling as I try my best to calm down.

"Chrome!" I yelled out. He still struggles to break free. I kick one of the men, making him release me. I yank my hand out of the other's grip. I rush to stand in front of Chrome and cups his cheek. "Chrome. Chrome, hey... It's okay... I will be okay" I said, in a much calmer tone.

"Y/N..." he said, as he finally stops struggling. I smile reassuringly at him. He looks hesitant and slowly nod his head. I give him a quick peck. I feel a large hand being placed on my shoulder. I turn my head to see one of them. They grab my wrist again.

I turn to look at Chrome and smiles softly. "I'll be back, okay? Don't do anything rash" I said. He hesitantly nod his head. I turn around and finally follows them willingly. But my heart is dreading what's to come. Why did Nii-Chan wants to see me at this hour? What did he want with me? What is he planning?

*to be continued*