Chapter 26

Previously on Chapter 25

"You're right about that, Y/N. Now we'll have to make sure that we win the Grand Bout. Even if it kills us" he said. I nod my head in agreement. Senku is right. This is our only chance. We have to win the Grand Bout, cure Ruri and win their trust on us and science. We have to win!!

-The Grand Bout-

Y/N P.O.V

I stare at Senku in disbelief as he holds up the weapon they're using for the Grand Bout. "You're planning on participating??" Kohaku said. Senku turn to look at us, and let out a chuckle.

Ginro is the one who signed him up. These two seem to get along so well when it comes to being scummy. Kinro is the only one who didn't agree to this plan. Well, to be honest... I don't either.

Even back in the day... as a Kendo captain I'd always push my disciple to fight fairly and to never play dirty. But in this kind of situation, seems like I don't have a choice but to follow the others.

This is for the great of goods. If we fail to win the Grand Bout, we'll never be able to cure Ruri. That would mean game over for our journey to restore the world back to its original state. So, just this once, I'll tolerate a dirty way.

Senku and I make our way through the bridge. This will be the first time we set a foot in the village. After so long, we're finally here. I turn to look at Senku and grins. He gives me a side smirk.

"Finally, after almost a year... we're here" he said. I grin and nod my head in agreement. I turn my head to look at Chrome. He smiles softly at me. I smile back as the two of us walks further into the village.

"Welcome to the village, Y/N... Senku" Chrome said. I smile softly at him and turn to look at the board. They're about to decide the arrangements of who will be fighting against who in each round.

For our plan to work, we need to have Magma and Kinro on a different platform. So they'll have a chance to meet on the final round. If those two fight on the final round while Magma is exhausted... we will have more chance to win the Grand Bout.

But luck seems to hate us, because right on the first round is Magma VS Kinro. Everyone deadpanned at the result. I let out a sigh and shake my head in disappointment. All we have been trying to do is to restore civilization, and to save people. But the world just makes it hard for us.

We decided to head back to the science lab. I lean my back against the shelf. "Damn it... why do we have to be so unlucky??" Chrome said. I let out a sigh and gently run my hand through my hair.

"What can you do? Science users don't rely on being lucky. You deal with whatever it is even if you're given the worst cards" Senku said. He turns to face us and give us a malice look. "And the Grand Bout we'd win using the science power up drink..." he said, holding a bottle that contains yellow liquid.

I take it from him and sniff it. "Hmm... honey" I said. He grins at me and nod his head. He starts to mention what each ingredients will do and the benefit of it that might help them win. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Ginro eating everything. I grit my teeth in anger and hit him right on the head. "What are you doing eating all of it?!" I yelled angrily.

He starts whining how he's scared that he's the one that will be going against Magma if Kinro failed to defeat him. "Damn... he ate all the sweet flags" Senku said. I turn to look at him.

"Aren't they the leaves near the river?" Chrome said. After he said that, Suika volunteers to go and get some more. She quickly runs out of the lab, making her way towards the lake. Let's just hope she'd make it in time before Kinro enters the arena.

***

It's finally time for us to head back to the arena, because the time for the battle is almost starting. I walk next to Chrome as we make our way across the bridge. I hear a cry of distress and turn my head to see Mantle. He's the guy who always follows Magma around.

"This is bad!!" He yelled out, running towards us. I turn my body to face him. He stops when he reaches us. "I saw Suika fall into the river! And she's drowning!! Kohaku... you're the fastest... you have to help her!" He said.

"You're 10 billion percent lying..." Senku said. Me and Chrome stares at him with an unimpressed expression. I let out a sigh as he try to tell more lies. I walk towards him which makes him flinched in fear. I stare down at him with a mean stare.

"You have guts trying to lie to us... come back again when you're smarter, you blatant idiot" I said. Senku and Chrome walks over to him and start stomping on him. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Kohaku staring at me with a worried gaze.

"I know that he's lying... but if there's a slight chance that he isn't. I'll be letting Suika die..." she said. I let out a sigh at what she said. I gently place my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm sure Suika is fine..." I said. She just bit her lips at what I said. She turns to look at Mantle who sends her a smirk. I send him a glare which makes him flinched. I let out a sigh and turn to look at Kohaku. She sends me an apologetic look. She turns around and runs off.

I clench my hands into tight fists and turn to look at Mantle who tried to crawl away. "Hold on just a sec, Mantle. What's with the rush, hm?" I said. He flinched at my tone. He turns to look at me. I give him a close-eyes smile. I open my eyes to see him looking confused. I walk over to him and grab his collar.

"If you lie... you'll be facing me, understand?" I said. He nods his head rapidly. I smile softly and kick him off the bridge. He let out a yell as his body falls into the water with a splash.

I huffed angrily while rolling my eyes. I turn around, walking across the bridge with the Chrome and Senku laughing behind me. They seem to find what I did to the blatant liar to be amusing. But I couldn't care less about that shorty. We have to focus on winning the Grand Bout.

*to be continued*