Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

Chrome and Grandpa Kaseki crawls over to him to take a look of the blueprint. I let out a nervous chuckle when the two of them suddenly gain their strength back as soon as they see the work. Wow... what a drastic change.

-Shine Like The Stars-

Y/N P.O.V

I kneel down next to Senku, who's watching over Chrome and Grandpa Kaseki as they work on the next project. I hear footsteps coming closer towards us. I turn my head to see Gen.

"So... what's the Spartans club making now?" He asked. I turn to look at Senku who's still focus on the project. I turn to look at Gen and smiles.

"Light bulbs..." I said. He stops mid-track at what I said. I just let out a laugh at his reaction. "You should have got used to it by now..." I said. He let out a nervous laugh at what I said.

"I probably should, huh?" He said. I shake my head and let out a laugh again. I turn my attention back to Grandpa Kaseki who's trying to glue the bamboo filament inside the glass light bulb. He barely even stick the melted glass on the bamboo filament, but the light bulb shatters.

"What? Giving up already?" Senku said, smirking as he speaks in a teasing voice. I take a seat on the ground as Grandpa Kaseki assures that he's not giving up. But I can tell that he's tired after doing so much work.

***

After so many failed attempts, we finally succeeded in making the light bulb. All that's left to do is to create a vacuum tube, so we can get rid of all the air from inside the light bulb. That way it won't burn out like it did the first time.

Grandpa Kaseki looks so happy that we finally managed to get it done. "Finally..." I said, smiling happily. Chrome let out a happy cheer as he throw his arms around me in a tight hug. I let out a squeak at his sudden move. But in the end, I return his embrace by wrapping my arms around his torso. "We did it, Chrome..." I said.

"Yeah! We did!!" He said, happily. I let out a soft giggle as he slowly pulls away from me. We stare into each other's eyes. I realize we're standing really close that our nose are basically touching. I feel my cheeks starting to get warm.

I clear my throat and pulls away from him. I turn my head away, not wanting him to see the blush on my cheeks. Ever since I realize that I've fallen for him, it's getting harder to act normal around him. Every time I stand this close to Chrome... my heart would always start to beat faster.

I want him to know my feelings, but I don't want to make things awkward between us. I don't even know if he feels the same towards me. If he doesn't feel anything towards me... it would make things awkward between us.

Night Time

We're now standing by a large tree. Senku asked Kohaku to gather everyone here, as we prepare our stuff. I hear the sound of footsteps and turn my head to see the villagers as they walk towards us. I smile at the sight of them and turn to look at Senku.

"Senku, they're here..." I said. Senku turns his head to look at them and nod his head at me. I feel something cold lands on my nose. I wipe it to see a droplet of water. I look up and realize the first snow have started to fall.

"Damn... it's snowing" Chrome said. I turn to look at him as he do the same. "Should we cancel our plan?" He asked. I shake my head and turn to look at Senku. He also shakes his head.

"No... I'd like to do it tonight" he said. He walks up to a tree where there's a switch button. "Let's start" he said. He turns it on and the surrounding which was dark start to light up by lots of light bulbs.

"Wow

"Wow... it looks like the stars!" Suika said. I grin happily and nod my head. It truly does look like the stars.

"It took almost a whole year to create this, huh?" Gen said. I just smile as I stare at the lights. It brings back so many memories of the modern days.

"Nah... we're right on time actually" Senku said. I blink my eyes at what he said. I turn my head to look at him. He turns to look at us and grin, my eyes widened when I realize what he meant.

"No way... is it Christmas??" Gen said. Senku let out a lot light chuckle at what he said, brushing it off as a mere coincidence. I turn to look at the tree as a memory of my childhood comes to mind.

Flashback

"Nii-Chan, wake up!!" I said, jumping on the bed of my brother's. He let out a groaned as he tried to cover his head with the blanket. I pouted at his reaction and jumped of the bed. I grabbed onto the blanket and started to pull on it. "Wake up!!! It's Christmas!!" I whined.

I heard a chuckle as Nii-Chan removed the blanket from his head. "Alright, alright... it's present time, huh?" He said. I grinned excitedly and nodded my head. He let out a laugh and finally stood up from the bed. He gently held my hand as we made our way to the living room. I skipped along the way, feeling excited to finally open the presents.

I excitedly sat on the couch as Nii-Chan grabbed the present that's meant for me. "Here you go..." he said. I eagerly grabbed it, earning a laugh from him. I placed it on my lap and started to unwrap it. My eyes widened when I saw what's in it.

"Ahhh, Nii-Chan! This is so cute!!!" I yelled out

"Ahhh, Nii-Chan! This is so cute!!!" I yelled out. I took it out of the box and hugged it close. Nii-Chan chuckled at my reaction and gently ruffled my hair. I turned to look at him and grin happily. "Thank you!!" I said, standing up on the couch as I threw my arms around his neck.

"You're welcome, sis... now you have a cuddle buddy. So you won't be afraid to sleep alone anymore..." he said. I nod my head happily. I feel Nii-Chan gently runs his hand through my hair as I continued to cling onto him like a koala.

End of Flashback

I look down as tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I still find it hard to believe how much he had changed. Why did he have to turn bad? What happened to my caring and loving brother?

*to be continued*