Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

"Yeah... it should work" he said. I grin and nod my head. Finally! We have something that might get the villagers interested in science. With this food... we'll win them over for sure!

-A Smooth-talker-

Y/N P.O.V

In no time, we manage to create an entire cart of ramen. We push the cart near the bridge. Suika sits on top of the cart and start to play a tune using a shell. I grin happily as the villagers starts coming towards us. I turn to Senku and starts helping him make the bowls of ramen.

Bowls after bowls are served to the villagers. Everyone seem to love the taste of the ramen. After serving the ramen for a while, I start to lose track of who I served. Suika seem to also experience the same thing. She start going back and forth, looking confused.

"Hmm... this ramen is making me feel thirsty. I would like to have a drink. Like say, cola?" Someone said. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. I turn my head to look at the person saying that.

"Cola?" Senku said, also turning to the person. I notice a dual haired person. That person seem to be a guy. He's sitting behind a rock, while holding a bowl of ramen.

"Do you know him?" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her and shake my head. She turns to look at the guy, with a menacing look on her face. "Kinro. Ginro... quit your quarreling for a moment" she said. The two guards stops their action and turn to look at her.

The next thing I know, the three of them surrounds the guy. I walk up to him calmly, while pulling out my sword. I point the sharp end right on his neck.

"Speak honestly and you only have one chance. If you lie, I'm going to slit your throat... are you or are you not with the long haired man by the name Tsukasa?" I said, coldly. He turns to look at me and grins. I furrow my eyebrows as I stare at him, wondering how can he acted so calm when his life is on the line.

"Well, I wouldn't mind being taken out by cute girls. But I think you've had me mistaken for someone else. I don't know any long haired man or Tsukasa. I've been all on my own ever since I was un-petrified" he said, turning to look at everyone else.

"Now I know why you seem familiar. Asagiri Gen, huh?" Senku said. I turn to look at him. He's focusing his gaze on the stranger with his arms crossed. I turn to look at the new guy, finally realizing where I've seen him before.

"Ah... a smooth-talker who writes trashy books" I said. Asagiri Gen turn to look at me with a hurt expression. I move my sword away and place it back on the wooden scabbard.

"So you read my work? But calling "trashy" hurts though. Call me a mentalist..." he said. He turns to look at the others to realize he's still surrounded. "Look... I'm sorry for taking the ramen. I was just wandering around when the nostalgic smell of ramen hits my nostril. Please, can you move the weapons away? Look, I'm shaking with fear. I'm afraid that I might drop this delicious bowl of ramen" he said.

I stare at him with an unimpressed expression. He thinks I'm going to buy whatever he's saying. I know for a fact that he's known for being someone who can lie smoothly. He's not known as a mentalist back in the day for nothing. We have to be careful... for all we know, he could he a spy sent by Tsukasa.

***

Everyone ended up working their asses off. I watch with a sorry expression, feeling bad that they have to work so much. But I know I couldn't complain, because we need their strength to melt the black sand to gain iron.

I turn my head to look at Senku as he walks up to the mentalist. "Asagiri Gen... how are Taiju and Yuzuriha?" He asked. I turn to look at the guy, as he yell out as he keeps pumping the air into the furnace.

"Ah... you thought of questioning me while I'm busting my ass off. You have a nerve to pull a trick like that on a mentalist" he said. He's obviously exhausted after going at it for quite sometime. "But don't worry... Taiju have a bottomless pit of energy. You know that, don't you? Senku-Chan" he said, turning to look at us with a malice smirk.

I pull out my sword again as Kohaku rushes over to us with her knife. "He's definitely with the long haired man. Should I kill him?" She said. I point my sword at the guy, who turns to look at me with the same expression he just gave Senku.

"Wait, idiot. You too, Y/N. Don't do anything rash" Senku said, stopping the two of us from hurting the mentalist. He turns to look at him again. "Asagiri Gen... you 10 billion percent know that I'm trying to make you talk. So why did you suddenly admit that you're with Tsukasa?" He said.

Asagiri Gen is silent for a few moments. He turns to look at us with a smile. "The tide have changed now that I've seen this" he said. He turns to look at the furnace as black smoke coming from the top of it. I just stare at him with a judging look.

Time-skip

"Iron: Acquired!!" Chrome yelled out, while holding a bar of iron in his hand. Everyone cheers happily while I just smile with my arms crossed. I turn my head to the side as Senku and the smooth-talker talks. Apparently, Tsukasa did sent him to make sure Senku and I are dead. So unless we'd give him a reason not to, he would return to Tsukasa and rat us out.

We don't want that to happen, because we need more time to prepare. If Tsukasa finds out this soon, it will be game over for us... and the end of our road to save civilization.

*to be continued*