Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

I start to cut down the middle of the rat, ignoring the others conversation as I focus on the rat's internal organs. I check the lungs and furrow my eyebrows. There are red inflammation around the lungs. Which means it's virus infection. The question is... what type of virus?

-Ruri's Recovery-

Y/N P.O.V

We make our way outside the lab. I wipe my hand after getting washing it with the soap Senku brought with him to disinfect it. I let out a sigh, and turn to look at Senku.

"This can be a problem Senku. Judging by what we have learned from the rat's autopsy... Ruri got infected with a virus. But we don't know what type of virus it was..." I said.

"You're right. Even the cure all sulfa-drug have its limit. If the virus we're against is Mycobacterium tuberculosis, then we'd stand no chance" he said. I nod my head at what he said. The others let out a gasp at what we said. 

"This is bad!!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see it's Suika. She looks panicked as she rushes towards us. She have tears in her eyes. "It's Ruri-Nee!!" She said. I turn to look at Senku in worry. He clicks his tongue. We waste no time to run towards the hut Ruri's in.

When we reach the hut, Ruri is laying on the ground while coughing violently. My eyes widened at the sight. Judging by how severe it got after being given the sulfa-drug. Her illness isn't what we feared. I open my mouth to speak, when Ruri's father grabs Senku by the neck.

"S-Sir... please listen to us. We-" I said, lifting both of my hands. He turns to look at me with a glare. A clear sign that he didn't want me to speak any further. "Just listen..." I said.

"I've head enough with all of your nonsense!!" He yelled out. He points at Ruri who's breathing heavily, as she lay on the ground. "It had never gotten this worst! All of this happened after she took your drug!" He said.

"You might be right..." Senku said, earning everyone's attention. We turn our heads to look at him. He stands up and walks towards Ruri. He kneels down next to Ruri. He stares at Ruri who's still breathing heavily on the ground. "The virus is multiplying and spreading. This is the Pneumococcal pneumonia's signature move" he said. He starts to give a brief explanation about the disease and how it was a serious illness that had taken lots of lives.

"But... the sulfa-drug will kill it" I said. Senku turn to look at me and grin. I turn to look at the others with a happy expression. "Which means, we've won!" I said. Kohaku's eyes lit up at what I said.

"No! No more of your stupid nonsense!!" Their father said. I turn my head to see him trying to attack Senku. Kohaku quickly steps in and blocks his fist with hers hands.

"It's not nonsense father. It's the culmination of science. I believe in science... and in Senku and Y/N" she said. The others nods their heads in agreement. Her father stares at everyone, before turning to look at us. He's aware that he won't win even if he tries to argue with us. He let out a sigh and nod his head, knowing he has no other option. I turn to Senku and grin at him. He smiles and nods his head.

***

After weeks of treating Ruri with the sulfa-drug. She's finally able to walk out of the village. I smile happily as she's completely cured from her illness. Kohaku and their father looks so happy that they shed some tears of joy.

"From this moment onwards... I shall announce this man, Senku, to be the new chief of Ishigami village!" He said. My eyes widened in shock at what he said while everyone else's cheers happily. Did I hear that right?? Did he say this village's name is Ishigami... just like Senku's last name.

"These whole time, I know..." Ruri said. I turn my head to look at her as she approach Senku. "That your name... is Ishigami Senku" she added. I blink my eyes, staring at the village's priestess in confusion.

We're now back inside the hut. Senku let out a laugh as Ruri finishes her explanation. "Now it all make sense. Why some of you obviously have foreign blood in your veins" he said. The others seem confused to what he said. I turn to look at them.

"It seems like this village was named after Byakuya... Senku's father. He was the founder of this village, along with the other astronauts. Which means all of you... are their descendants..." I said. Senku nod his head at what I said.

"I must have came up in your mythology at some point, right?" He asked. Ruri nods her head to what he said. I just stare at her, waiting for her to explain.

"In the hundredth tale... the tale number 100. Titled... Ishigami Senku" she said. She starts to tell us the story that had been passed down for generations. Everyone stays silent as they listens to the story about how Senku was a child that's full of curiosity.

I smile to myself. This is a story told from a father's point of view. The way the story was delivered, shows how much Byakuya truly cares for Senku. It was truly heart-touching.

"Wait... does that means, we're all related to Senku??" Kohaku said. I turn to look at her. I let out a laugh and shakes my head at what she said.

"No... it's been thousands of years. You can't be related after that..." I said. She relaxes after I said that. I shake my head. I turn my head to look at Senku who stares at the symbol of Ishigami Village. He must be thinking about his father.

It must be painful, to learn that the man who raised him is no longer around. I feel my chest tightens as I thought of one person. I wonder if I'll ever have a chance to see him again.

Nii-Chan...

*to be continued*