Chapter 47

Previously on Chapter 16

"I don't know who's listening to this. But this is the astronaut, Ishigami Byakuya" the speaker said. My eyes widened as I stare at it in awe. It actually works! They've managed to leave a message and kept it preserved even after thousand of years have passed. All of that with the help of science! Science just never fail to amaze me.

-The Beginning Of Stone War-

Y/N P.O.V

"I know... it's you, right? Senku... Just remember... that I always... always..." Byakuya said. I can hear his voice cracking as he said Senku's name. "Nah... you don't need that sappy father and son crap, do you? So let's just get straight down to business" He said.

"You really know me well!" Senku said. I let out a sigh and shake my head. How can he be so cold with his own father? I hear Kohaku commented that to Senku. Did she not realize she's also acting that way towards her father?

"Senku... if you still have a hard time to win over the hearts of the villagers, let them listen to this" he said. I hear the familiar sound of music. My eyes widened when a familiar voice of the female singer back in the modern age starts to play.

"Lillian" I said. My eyes soften at the sound of her voice. I remember that I would listen to her songs every time I feel down. Her voice is so soothing. It always brought the sense of warmth and reassurance. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I close my eyes, listening intently to the sound of my favorite singer.

Once the song ended, everyone are moved to tears. I feel someone pulling me into a hug. I turn my head slightly to see it's Chrome. He starts to cry harder as he holds onto me. I just smile softly and wrap my arms around him. I run my hand through his hair comfortingly.

Everyone is hyped after Senku told them about all the entertainment that had been developed all those centuries. Everyone wants to see them. Senku assures that he would let them see everything. As a result, they are more hyped to help in winning this war. I smile as they cheer with a good spirit. It's wonderful how a single song can lift up someone's fighting spirit.

I cross my arms across my chest as I turn my head to look outside. The snow have started to melt bits by bits, which could only be the sign of one thing. Spring almost comes to an end. That marks the beginning of the Stone War.

***

I'm sitting among the children, weaving the leaves into a small container. Chrome is busy with the task Senku gave him and Grandpa Kaseki. Gen is also here with us. But he didn't do anything. Instead, he's telling stories about how Senku broke free from the petrification and have been on his own as he's trying his best to restore civilization.

The children looks excited and claim that they want to be just like Senku. I smile softly at their cuteness. "Let's hear from our amazing chief, Senku-Chan!" Gen said. Senku who's been silent the whole time, turn his head to look at him.

"Your version of the stone world is very moving. I'm in tears here..." Senku said. His voice is laced with sarcasm, making me let out a nervous laugh. Senku rolls his eyes and focus on the item he's making. "Gen, get your hands to work instead of talking too much" he said.

"Speaking of which... aren't we rushing to make this cell phone so we can have a preemptive attack on Tsukasa-Chan's empire?" Gen said. I hum softly at what he said. He's right about that. So, what are we doing now?

Senku let out a chuckle at what he said. He turns his head to look at us. "Don't worry... this step is also important. We'd be making a weapon that will be useful in battle" he said.

"And what would that weapon be, Senku?" I asked. He turn to look at me and grins. I raise an eyebrow at the face he's making. He looks like he's up to no good. But Senku has always been making such faces. So, at this point, I'm not so surprised.

"We'll be making space food!" He said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what he said. I take a glance at Gen to see his reaction. As always, every time Senku have a crazy idea, he would look pale and in disbelief. I let out a laugh at the face he's making.

"Shouldn't you have gotten use to it by now?" I said. He turn to look at me and let out a nervous laugh. He rub his neck sheepishly. I turn to look at Senku. "And what kind of space food are you talking about? Care to elaborate? The others are confused" I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said and start to explain what space food we'd be making.

"What's space?" Suika asked, in confusion. Chrome turn to look at her and explain what a space is, which is far above the sky. Senku starts explaining the steps that we need to go through in order to achieve the space food.

Time-skip

"We've got it... freeze dried ramen!" Senku said, holding a cup that is filled with a lightened noodle. Everyone let out an excited cheer, before looking disgusted by what the food looks like. "Just wait and watch..." he said. He turn to look at me and gesture me closer. I walk up to him with a kettle filled with hot water. I pour the hot water into the cup, making sure to not spill any on Senku.

The dried noodle starts to soften up. Everyone stares in awe at the sight. Chrome looks excited as he holds up a fork. "I'll be the Guinea pig! As a scientist... I'm not scared to try new things" he said, taking the cup noodle from Senku's hand.

"I'm pretty sure you've said that before..." Suika said. Kohaku agrees with her which makes Chrome froze for a few seconds. He decides to ignore them and take a bite.

"Yummy!!!" He yelled out. I smile at his reaction. He start to slurp more noodles, eating it happily. I turn to look at Senku as he hands me a cup. I smile softly as I take it from him.

"Thanks..." I said. He nods his head and goes around each of the villagers to hand them one each. Everyone seem to enjoy the newly acquired space food. Despite being a little bit bitter, it's actually pretty good. I'm so happy with how far we've come.

Now that we have managed to acquire this food. We need to worry about how to safely deliver the cell phone to the other side. We have to watch our steps, or we'd ended up getting capture by them. If that happens... it will be game over for us and science.

War is coming closer, and blood will be shed. My eyes saddened at the thought. If only I can do something to change the way things are. But I'm just an ordinary girl. I mean, sure... I master the art of Kendo and a few other martial arts. But that won't be enough in this war.

What can I possibly do against the supposedly strongest primate high schooler? Tsukasa alone is already a hard enemy, and he have Nii-Chan who's just as strong. This will be a tough war. The only thing I can do at this point is pray... hoping that nothing bad will happen.

*to be continued*